View Single Post
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 05-07-11
Forum newcomer

Default Get Plumbing Pty Ltd have just joined the forum

Hi

My name is Susie.

I run a small Plumbing business with my partner Dave.
www.getplumbing.com.au

We have gone from sole trading one man band which Dave started up in March 2008 to a Pty Ltd in October with 1 plumber and apprentice to currently 6 plumbers on the road today.

I have a graphics and marketing background and he has been a plumber by trade since 1993.

We had limited business knowledge when we starting the company so we learnt a lot of what we know on the job by trial and error however, we have in the past three months started attending sales seminars and engaged a mentorship program which has helped hugely.

Everyday the Company presents a new challenge, mostly in regards to the daily procedures which constantly need to be reviewed in order for business to run more smoothly by reducing mistakes being repeated, improving on customer service and increasing production overall.

Running our own business is exhausting and stressful (we also have two children under 3) but it is also much more rewarding than working for someone else and hoepfully by the end of the year the hard work and long hours will start to pay off.