Originally Posted by daydreamer
We are actually looking to implement ReferralCandy which looks similar, but:
- seems easier to understand
- starts after the sale (no distractions on the checkout page)
- customers get $ rather than messing around with a points system
- rewards/discounts are paid on actual sales, not just a mention via FB/Twitter/4square (better for merchants)
- already a plugin with BigCommerce
Have you looked at this? What do you think are SocialShout's advantages v's Referral Candy, which seems to make more sense to me.
I guess the big difference between us is that our Social Coupon Tool is just one part of what we're doing.
Our vision is to create a Social Commerce Marketplace. You will be able to publish your deals/offers on our site as well as yours. This gives you another distribution channel. When a user clicks on your offers/products in our store, we send them to your site so you can own the sale.
We're also creating a Leaderboard for your biz too. The idea is your customers (& others interested in what you sell) can join your leaderboard and vie for top spot, based on their SocialShout! Points. Remember, the more points, the more active & connected they are. You can even reach out to key users directly via their Private Mail Box with special offers/deals.
In short, our site will give you a 'neutral' platform to have deeper engagement with your customers and lots of potential customers. A SocialShout! user is a qualified online shopper.
I've attached a screenshot of our site (not live yet) to give you an idea... https://koombea.basecamphq.com/proje...0SUGGESTED.jpg
To answer your specific questions... * seems easier to understand
- I guess ours is a little more involved, but we're working hard on simplifying the explanation. We'll do a short video too which should make it a bit clearer. 'Shout & Save' is the message for shoppers. 'Word of Mouth for a discount' is the message for merchants. * starts after the sale (no distractions on the checkout page)
- as mentioned earlier, we see that we're actually incentivising the checkout, not distracting from it * customers get $ rather than messing around with a points system
- same with SocialShout! We issue a coupon code. You decide what the code represents - 15% disc, free shipping, Bonus loyalty points, up to you.
- the idea of giving them points based on how many Friends on Facebook, Tweets on Twitter, etc is that this number shows you how loud they can Shout! (ie: how many others will see it!)
- you can then also set different coupons depending on how many points they have. You can give a customer with 1,000 points 10% disc & one with 10,000 pts might get 10% plus free shipping. Why? Because that person's Shout! is worth more to you.
- also, the points system adds an element of gamification to it which can be quite engaging - especially once we get our site live with the Leaderboards. * rewarded are paid on actual sales, not just a mention via FB/Twitter/4square (better for merchants)
- can't really counter this point. It's true with SocialShout! you're rewarding your customers for the word of mouth. The concept here was to try to mirror how 'real life' word of mouth works. You get a great deal at a shop or great customer service & you'll tell your friends. With the referral concept, you'll only tell someone because if they mention your name, you'll get a discount next time you guy back in. Just doesn't seem quite as sincere.
- without being cheesy, we believe that for any social network strategy to be sustainable long term, it has to be genuine & sincere - just like in real life * already a plugin with BigCommerce
- we're building one too! We've signed the agreement already. Just working with their developers to get some answers on the API, etc. Hope to be in the app store within 1-2 months.
PS: Have you looked at Curebit? It's similar to ReferralCandy, but I think their pricing structure is a bit better for merchants. http://www.curebit.com/