Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Community reviews

Feed back on new Website

Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 06-04-12
Forum newcomer

Default Feed back on new Website

Hi all,

We recently started our first online shopping venture called www.coolgeekaustralia.com

Our products are fashionable prescription glasses, targeting students and young professional.

I would really appreciate if you can pay us visit and tell us what you think.

Many thanks!

#2 (Link to this post)  
Old 06-04-12
Forum devotee

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Twitter Profile
Default Re: Feed back on new Website

Hi and welcome to FS. Just a note on your tagline in your signature - the correct grammar should read Fashionable prescription Glasses that do not break your budget!

There are also some grammar spelling items to fix in your text pages - please get a copywriter to check properly. You have a mixture of singular, present and past tense within some sentences which also needs fixing.

From a designer/typography point of view, the font on the home page advert is not a good choice. Fancy typefaces should never be capitalised, and the font does not look clean and neat, which is the look you wish to project for the Cool Geek.

If you are going to say 110% guarantee, then you should qualify it somewhere else on the page. Add a small asterisk in the text, then refer to it at the bottom of the page and explain what that means.

All the best for success with your new venture.

CoolGeek (09-04-12)
  #3 (Link to this post)  
Old 06-04-12
Forum regular

Hi CoolGeek - love the name and the logo!

But agree with Karen - the font on the home page needs fixing, and the graphic itself looks a little blurry to me - did you enlarge the original to fit?

The navigation is also a little confusing...the frames don't need to be on the home page as well as a frame page. And the Home page should come first in the tabs.

And the "our story" page is...huh??? "Cool Geek is operated on a philosophy to fulfill the 3 basic stages of happiness that everyone who have/don't have perfect vision deserve." Not only bad grammar but even with better grammar it doesn't actually make sense. Plus the photos need to be the top of the page.

Also, none of the pages have a strong call to action. Where's the buy now? Even when I click on the frames I get heaps of text but no urgency!

Finally, while this is a great idea, I can't figure out how it works - do I send you my prescription? How? And what if the frames don't suit? What's your returns policy?

Hope this helps (and if you need a copywriter.....)

Nicole

Twitter: BlackCoffeeNic
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackCoffeeComms For This Useful Post:
CoolGeek (09-04-12)
  #4 (Link to this post)  
Old 07-04-12
Forum devotee

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile

Hi Coolgeek,

I have to agree with Karen & Nicole... The homepage font is a little tricky to read (even when I have my glasses on )

I think you need to sit down and go over the content in terms of grammar/structure etc.. Overall, I think the concept & the site is fine but just a bit of fine tuning is needed to make sure you are presenting your business as professionally as possible.

I can see that you ask for prescription info once an item is added to the cart so it can all be done online/on the spot - but, I agree with Nicole - this information should be addressed/clearer before someone is purchasing the frames. By not having the information available elsewhere, you may prevent people from getting to the check out stage - perhaps in the FAQ page - or, even a new page titled "how it works" or something like this where you can just do a quick "step by step" process?

All the best with it!

The Following User Says Thank You to JacquiPryor For This Useful Post:
CoolGeek (09-04-12)
  #5 (Link to this post)  
Old 09-04-12
Forum newcomer

Thank you all for your feedback!

We definitely have lots of room for improvements - We are working on some easy fixes for the above right now =)
Cheers

#6 (Link to this post)  
Old 13-04-12
Forum newcomer

I like the business name and logo it stands out.

I would add more content on your business, specials etc.. on the homepage at moment kind of looks like a website awards, photographers gallery.

By adding some content on the homepage to mix it up, I think it would help give the visitor more confidence to buy off your website. (like fast shipping picture + content, satisfaction guaranteed etc.)

There's also some great slider plug-ins that would really work well for your website. Your header is quite large so it would be very important to make sure the picture is not grainy and jumps off the page.

All the best and good luck.

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Community reviews