Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Community reviews

www.TopAds.com.au website feedback needed

Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 25-04-12
Forum newcomer

Default www.TopAds.com.au website feedback needed

Hi, we have just launched new advertising site and would appreciate any feedback. We are especially concerned with usability side of things and tried to keep look simple and posting advertise as easy as possible, free and no even registration is necessary. the address is:

http://www.topads.com.au

Long story short its a mixture of business directory with basic advertising site where anything can be sold, jobs can be offered and job seekers can also post that they are looking for work. Like I said feedback is very much appreciated and thank you all in advance for any advice

#2 (Link to this post)  
Old 25-04-12
Forum devotee

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile
Default Re: www.TopAds.com.au website feedback needed

Hi There,

Congratulations on launching your new site.

I have had a quick look and it seems that a further 'edit' might be needed - as just a few examples:
  • At the top of the home page there is a link that says "see latest advertises" - I think this is meant to be "see latest advertisers"?
  • You then say Think more categories should be included? Suggest few.... Think this should be suggest a few
  • Use of capital letters seems in consistent - under some categories you start every word with a capital but under others you don't ... for example Dog Walking, Pet Grooming etc but then you have Open mats and Personal training etc...
  • When you go to post ad link - you have text that says "Be careful specyfying your contact details" - this should be specifying

Overall I think the userbility is fine and easy enough to follow - but, I think you need to read over and check spelling and grammar etc.

All the best.

#3 (Link to this post)  
Old 25-04-12
Forum fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewKeath
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile

Clicked on the site and was confronted with a stack of links and a search bar.

What IS the site about? I don't understand. The title, Sell, Buy, Offer or Find Services, bad grammar aside, doesn't tell me anything.

From the usability side, is fine, but I see no reason to actually navigate the site.

#4 (Link to this post)  
Old 25-04-12
Forum newcomer

@MatthewKeath

Check out Craigslist (NY)

#5 (Link to this post)  
Old 25-04-12
Forum newcomer

Well one on the site.

I found it easy to navigate and to register my own business on.

My only feedback is double checking the grammar and spelling.

TR Exterior Clean. Window cleaning, gutter cleaning, pressure cleaning and house washing
  #6 (Link to this post)  
Old 26-04-12
Forum fanatic

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile View Member's Google+ Profile

Hi TopAds,

Thanks for joining the forum, and for being brave enough to put your site up for review in your first post.

To help other reviewers, we'd be grateful if you'd read the guidelines at the top of this page, and include the answers to the following four questions in this thread:

Quote:
1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
2. What does your business do?
3. Who is your target market?
4. What specific concerns do you have?
Also, as a newbie to the site, we'd encourage you to take a few moments to read through the forum guidelines so that you start to get a feeling for the place.

All the best for the new venture,
Jayne

I'm also a small business marketing consultant and copywriter, and Chief Tree Hugger at Tribe of the Tree flower essences.
  #7 (Link to this post)  
Old 27-04-12
Forum newcomer

First of all thank you all for having a look. Grammar and spelling hmm this we will be fixing, I totally agree on that and some is fixed already, but got to get someone to go over few pages we have and mark what needs adjusting.

@MatthewKeath thanks for taking a look, I got mixed messages here though. You saying that you don't understand what the site is about, yet usability is fine. Hmm how to improve it? We thought name TopAds, search bar with "what you looking for?" heading, short message underneath "See latest advertisers or choose one of the categories below" and bunch of categories listed would be self explanatory, but if you got some suggestions we might look into that. From experience I know that people are put off by paragraphs of text and are not likely to read anything so I would rather avoid putting lots of copy "explaining" what the site is about. I believe even if someone is confused by the site they would rather click the link than read. We are not google, but their simplicity is a good example to follow imo. Anyway, suggestions welcome

Once again thank you all for your time, great forum you have here and I appreciate your help

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Community reviews