Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Community reviews


Redone my website

Reply
 
Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 10-07-12
IncredibleCo's Avatar
Forum regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hectorville, SA
Posts: 230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Google+ Profile
Default Redone my website

Hi,

I've redone my website because I felt that the last one was too big, too many places a visitor could wander off. So when looking at my new website, put yourself in the shoes of a potential buyer and answer this - is there enough there to promote an enquiry? And if not - what's missing?

Cheers!

Website can be found at http://incredibleco.com.au

__________________
Incredible Co
Professional Small Business Websites
Are you a business consultant looking to outsource your web design work - contact me!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (Link to this post)  
Old 11-07-12
FS Concierge's Avatar
Forum fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jayne is based in Sydney's northern beaches.
Posts: 7,179
Thanks: 556
Thanked 496 Times in 452 Posts
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile View Member's Google+ Profile
Default Re: Redone my website

Hi IncredibleCo,

I'll kick this one off by saying that I love the clean lines, but feel that you are missing a clear and compelling call to action.

If I were you, I'd look to make the kind of impact that you have with the site you created for Thunder Training.

Secondly, in the SheOak College site in your portfolio, I'd insert some real text into the bubble that currently says something like "You can insert your own text here".

I'll be interested to hear what everyone else has to say too.

Good luck with your review,
Jayne

IncredibleCo likes this.
__________________
Jayne Tancred
Flying Solo Concierge
Got a burning question about this forum? Get in touch!
I'm also a small business marketing consultant and copywriter, and Chief Tree Hugger at Tribe of the Tree flower essences.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (Link to this post)  
Old 11-07-12
victorng's Avatar
Forum enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 489
Thanks: 14
Thanked 63 Times in 55 Posts
View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile View Member's Google+ Profile
Default Re: Redone my website

I'm a fan of:
  • Your name - I think it's fantastic.
  • The slider - your portfolio is really good so move it up so it's above the fold. The first thing I look at on a web designer's site is their portfolio.
  • Black and green.

I'm not a fan of:
  • The giant Incredible Co image - your name (although it is cool) is already in the top left corner and the giant image takes up too much valuable above the fold real estate. Put the slider there instead IMO.
  • The text under the giant header - it's a bit wishy-washy and not very punchy.
  • The circles.
  • The portfolio items not clicking through to give more detailed information.
  • Your contact details only appearing in the footer. Instead of a giant subscribe box, maybe a giant contact us box?
Cheers,
Victor

IncredibleCo likes this.
__________________
I'm a trademark lawyer, author of a neglected trademark blog, Tintin fan and Mac tragic.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (Link to this post)  
Old 11-07-12
TrevAtMidas's Avatar
Forum newcomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mount Gambier S.A.
Posts: 25
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Redone my website

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncredibleCo View Post
Hi,

I've redone my website because I felt that the last one was too big, too many places a visitor could wander off. So when looking at my new website, put yourself in the shoes of a potential buyer and answer this - is there enough there to promote an enquiry? And if not - what's missing?

Cheers!

Website can be found at http://incredibleco.com.au
G'day Phillip,

I've had a look at your web site and this is from a visitor point of view with no credentials in web site design, I just know what I like viewing in my web travels. I like the colours, bold yet not overdone or confusing. Love the boldness of the top banner showcasing your business name, Facebook like, and contact details, but question if you need a Home button?

I take on board your comment that your last site was too big, with too many places for the user to wander off too, but for me, single page sites don't do it, I like to see some separation of a site's components.

The links for Portfolio, Testimonial, Features and Pricing simply dropping down to the appropriate section on the same page, offer me no further information than what I'd already read, so I felt a bit disappointed.

Phillip your site, particularly in your profession as a web site builder is a showcase of your talents and it should entice the visitor looking for a new web site to see yourself as their answer. I like your portfolio of work, what I can see of it, but it transitions too quickly for me to get a decent look at it. For me, I'd appreciate at least a link to the sites you've created, you may have created the sites for someone else, but they're still your babies, be proud of them and let folk who are potential clients get a good look and feel for the different types of work you're capable of.

Loved the use of the Testimonials under your Portfolio, it's always nice to read end user comments.

The use of the grey circles and one green for your features is nice, but they look like they should be clickable to somewhere else in my opinion.

Sorry Phillip, I'm not confident I've been of any help and as previously mentioned, I have no credentials in web design, BUT we are great at finance :-). Hopefully others amongst the membership will be positioned to review your site from a more professional aspect.


Kind regards
Trevor Cox

IncredibleCo likes this.
__________________
Trevor Cox AMC Practice Manager
trevor@midashomeloans.com.au
www.midashomeloans.com.au
Reply With Quote
  #5 (Link to this post)  
Old 11-07-12
IncredibleCo's Avatar
Forum regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hectorville, SA
Posts: 230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Google+ Profile
Default Re: Redone my website

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS Concierge View Post
Hi IncredibleCo,

I'll kick this one off by saying that I love the clean lines, but feel that you are missing a clear and compelling call to action.

If I were you, I'd look to make the kind of impact that you have with the site you created for Thunder Training.

Secondly, in the SheOak College site in your portfolio, I'd insert some real text into the bubble that currently says something like "You can insert your own text here".

I'll be interested to hear what everyone else has to say too.

Good luck with your review,
Jayne
Yeah I noticed that insert text myself the other day! Was hoping nobody else would! You and your keen eye!!!

FS Concierge likes this.
__________________
Incredible Co
Professional Small Business Websites
Are you a business consultant looking to outsource your web design work - contact me!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (Link to this post)  
Old 11-07-12
IncredibleCo's Avatar
Forum regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hectorville, SA
Posts: 230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Google+ Profile
Default Re: Redone my website

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevAtMidas View Post
G'day Phillip,

I've had a look at your web site and this is from a visitor point of view with no credentials in web site design, I just know what I like viewing in my web travels. I like the colours, bold yet not overdone or confusing. Love the boldness of the top banner showcasing your business name, Facebook like, and contact details, but question if you need a Home button?

I take on board your comment that your last site was too big, with too many places for the user to wander off too, but for me, single page sites don't do it, I like to see some separation of a site's components.

The links for Portfolio, Testimonial, Features and Pricing simply dropping down to the appropriate section on the same page, offer me no further information than what I'd already read, so I felt a bit disappointed.

Phillip your site, particularly in your profession as a web site builder is a showcase of your talents and it should entice the visitor looking for a new web site to see yourself as their answer. I like your portfolio of work, what I can see of it, but it transitions too quickly for me to get a decent look at it. For me, I'd appreciate at least a link to the sites you've created, you may have created the sites for someone else, but they're still your babies, be proud of them and let folk who are potential clients get a good look and feel for the different types of work you're capable of.

Loved the use of the Testimonials under your Portfolio, it's always nice to read end user comments.

The use of the grey circles and one green for your features is nice, but they look like they should be clickable to somewhere else in my opinion.

Sorry Phillip, I'm not confident I've been of any help and as previously mentioned, I have no credentials in web design, BUT we are great at finance :-). Hopefully others amongst the membership will be positioned to review your site from a more professional aspect.


Kind regards
Trevor Cox
Thanks I found your post really helpful and thanks again for taking the time for the report. Cheers!

TrevAtMidas likes this.
__________________
Incredible Co
Professional Small Business Websites
Are you a business consultant looking to outsource your web design work - contact me!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (Link to this post)  
Old 11-07-12
Divert To Mobile's Avatar
Forum fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,567
Thanks: 74
Thanked 239 Times in 238 Posts
Default Re: Redone my website

The all in one page is a bold and trendy move towards the growing popularity of infographics.

To me it shows your creative, able to think outside the square.
Admittedly, on my first visit I got a little lost trying to figure out how to navigate to the different pages - but now I really like the fact there aren't any. Can I suggest an experiment with slower speeds on the slider and also slower speed in the scroll down after clicking a link to its anchor.

Steve

IncredibleCo likes this.
__________________
Could your business benefit by looking bigger?

A landline number that diverts to your mobile.
www.diverttomobile.com.au 02 9191 7300
Reply With Quote
  #8 (Link to this post)  
Old 11-07-12
NathanB's Avatar
Forum enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 557
Thanks: 11
Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile
Default Re: Redone my website

Very Open, Looks Clean And Natural. Outstanding!

IncredibleCo likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (Link to this post)  
Old 11-07-12
Cjay's Avatar
Forum regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 157
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Redone my website

Nice website. Looks fresh and efficient. Modern without being facetious.

Great usage of your portfolio at the bottom also. Mmmm, Coopers Alehouse I see!

IncredibleCo likes this.
__________________
XL Financial |Ph: (08) 7200 3898| info@xlfinancial.com.au
Mortgage Broker | Assisting FlyingSolo'ers Australia-Wide!First Home Buyer Spring Edition Out Now!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-12
IncredibleCo's Avatar
Forum regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hectorville, SA
Posts: 230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Google+ Profile
Default Re: Redone my website

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
Very Open, Looks Clean And Natural. Outstanding!
Cheers dude!

__________________
Incredible Co
Professional Small Business Websites
Are you a business consultant looking to outsource your web design work - contact me!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Community reviews

Thread tools Search this thread
Search this thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread starter Forum Replies Last post
I build a website, a Man Cave Website ( needs feedback ) Mike Bourdages Starting a business 24 20-08-12 11:34 AM



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2