1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

Flying Solo loves Meetups! Face-to-face, small group meetups are fabulous for soloists, we've even written our very own Flying Solo Guide to Meetups. To Find or Launch a Meetup in your area, take a look through this section or head straight to our page on Meetup.com and dive in!

Flying Solo Meetups

NOTE: If you’re already an organiser on Meetup.com or intend to launch a group, just add Flying Solo as one of your topics to appear on our page and benefit from our promotion of your Meetup.

Anyone here from Darwin?

Discussion in 'NT' started by CSM, Oct 29, 2010.

1. CSM

CSM New Member

Hi All

There seems to be a fair bit of activity in other states, but nothing in Darwin!

If there are any other Darwinites on here, maybe we should try to organise a meetup sometime before Christmas... What do ya think?!
  2. Robert Gerrish

Robert Gerrish Administrator Staff Member

Ha! Now I'm feeling silly. I just replied to you in another thread!

Good luck with this call out. I know we have a number of NT readers, let's see if your invite gets a few them out into the open!

Robert
  3. CSM

CSM New Member

Let's hope!... I would love to create a bit more of a community feel here in the Territory...I get the feeling people here like to stick to their group quite alot.
  4. FS Concierge

FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

Hi CSM,

This is a great idea. We'll put a shout out on twitter and Facebook for you and see if we can entice some folk to get involved.

Love your work!
    Jayne
  5. CSM

CSM New Member

Fantastic. Thanks Jayne...

Hopefully we can get something started up here!
  6. ElleBillias

ElleBillias New Member

Hi, I'm in Darwin :D
  7. CSM

CSM New Member

Excellent! That's two of us :) Anyone else?

I joined an youth (18-32y/o) networking group called Chamber Connect a month or so ago.

It's run by the NT Chamber of Commerce and offers the chance for younger Territorians to network. Checkout http://www.chamberconnect.com.au if you're interested.
  8. AlleD

AlleD New Member

Hi

I live in the Territory but not Darwin - not in any town!

Cheers

Alle D
  9. APG

APG New Member

HI CSM,

I'm in Palmerston! Would be great to catch up with like minded business people in Darwin/Palmerston.
    Regards,
    Andrew Green
    APG Accounting
  10. ozhank

ozhank New Member

Not from Darwin, but Alice Springs - feel lonely down here
  11. FS Concierge

Hi ozhank,

Thanks for saying g'day, and sorry to hear that you're feeling lonely. Maybe you should start another thread specifically for Alice and see if we can find you any local mates to network with?

As a newbie to Flying Solo, we'd love to get to know you better. Please start by posting in the introductions thread and also let us know a little about yourself by filling in your profile in 'Control panel'. Having a completed forum profile is particularly important to other community members and shows them you are here to participate openly and genuinely.

Happy Australia Day :)
    Jayne
  12. Barewear

Barewear New Member

Hi there! I'm in Darwin. Any networking is good networking I say, and it would be nice to meet some other likeminded small business people in our little city.
    COunt me in although I haven't actually launched my business yet - all the more reason to increase the networking!
    Cheers,
    Kristy
  13. ElleBillias

ElleBillias New Member

So that's 3 or 4 of us now? I work from home so have my kids so I'd prob have to bring them along :)
    Parisian dreams likes this.
  14. CSM

CSM New Member

Ok, let's do it!

I can get the ball rolling by setting up a group on meetup.com, but someone else will have to take over management of the group as I am leaving town for a while late June...

Any takers?
  15. Medianet

Medianet New Member

There used to be quite a few in Darwin and there was even a visit from Robert Gerrish some years back.

I am sure we could organise something easy :)
  16. Devan

Devan Member

Hi all - I'm in Darwin as well. Been a bit slack as I joined this forum a couple of years back but haven't visited in over 12 months (until today).

Would be great to get together with other soloists here!

Cheers,
    Devan
  17. FS Concierge

Hi Devan - welcome back :)
  18. Medianet

Medianet New Member

Well here is another one, Darwin based Solo mostly. Does that make three of us??

Robert G visited Darwin some time ago it was a pretty amazing event.

The fishing is good up here Robert :D

:D

19. Caleb

Caleb New Member

Hi,
    I'm from Darwin.
  20. Jason Schoolmeester

Jason Schoolmeester New Member

Hi all,

Sounds like there is a bit of interest. I started entrepreneursnt earlier this year and held a Youth Entrepreneurs Get Together during October Business Month which had good attendance. There is strong interest in getting together with like minded people.

I am happy to participate in meet-up or if it would be easier for everyone I am happy to coordinate a meet-up.

In terms of timing, I couldn't do a meet-up before Christmas but propose the last week of January 2012.

regards, Jason
    www.jasonschoolmeester.id.au
    www.entrepreneursnt.com.au
    www.texdarwin.com