1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

Flying Solo loves Meetups! Face-to-face, small group meetups are fabulous for soloists, we've even written our very own Flying Solo Guide to Meetups. To Find or Launch a Meetup in your area, take a look through this section or head straight to our page on Meetup.com and dive in!

Flying Solo Meetups

NOTE: If you’re already an organiser on Meetup.com or intend to launch a group, just add Flying Solo as one of your topics to appear on our page and benefit from our promotion of your Meetup.

Anyone Interested in Meeting Up in the Eastern Suburbs?

Discussion in 'NSW' started by SheInspires, Sep 8, 2010.

1. SheInspires

SheInspires Active Member

I love how the busy Soloists on the north side of the bridge are always so good at meeting up so it's got me wondering if there's interest in meeting up in the Eastern suburbs?

Maybe Randwick or Bondi Junction on a Wednesday or Thursday night?

Let me know your thoughts.

All the best,
    Belinda
    1 person likes this.
  2. Phil Wilson

Phil Wilson New Member

Randwick is more central to the Eastern suburbs than Bondi.
    so....
    Whereabouts in Randwick?
    AMF Bowling?

Cheers,
    Phil
  3. SheInspires

SheInspires Active Member

I do like the idea of mixing bowling with meeting up. Good one.

Randwick does suit me better too. I'd thought Bondi Junction in terms it might suit others with the trains etc.

Maybe Thursday 30 September?

Who else is interested?

Cheers,
    Belinda
  4. akagrp

akagrp Active Member

Hi Belinda

Nights are not suitable for me right now

But would be happy to catch up once a week for a coffee morning meetup around Randwick or Bondi on a Wed

If you are interested I can also put a call out to the ladies at ABN

Kind regards
    Anna
  5. jbmandm

jbmandm New Member

yep I'd be keen - Paul Jones used to organise a networking event at The Fringe in Paddo (back bar) that was hugely successful but out grew its home.
  6. ebbye

ebbye New Member

I would love to meetup and bowl in Randwick. obviously a bit of laste notice, I am temping the next few weeks so can do an evening.

After that will be available during the day, how about a Friday lunch/ coffee In Randwick/Coogee to end the week?!

~Elana ebbyeryan@gmail.com
  7. chamtang

chamtang New Member

anyone interested in meeting up in the city or pyrmont?
    would be good to share ideas.
    doesn't necessarily have to be a group thing, could also be an informal lunch
    1 person likes this.
  8. Cara - Mumpreneur

Cara - Mumpreneur New Member

Hi Anna,

I am with you. Sadly nights don't suit me either, but I would love to do a coffee morning. I am travelling in from the Hills and I would need to do a Monday due to family committments.

Or would anyone else be interested in catching up in the Hills area for a morning coffee?

Cheers

Cara Cook
  9. FS Concierge

FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

Hi Cara,

You might find that not too many people from the Hills see this post, as the thread title mentions the Eastern suburbs.

Could I suggest that you start a new thread specifically for the Hills district?

I know there's at least one other person keen for a meet-up in the Dural area (refer to Secret Secretary's post on http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/nsw/9420-expressions-interest-nsw-meet-up-groups.html). Hopefully between the two of you you can get something off the ground!

All the best,
    Jayne
  10. Lior Erez-Rein

Lior Erez-Rein New Member

Hi,

My name is Lior and I'm starting a new electrical business in the eastern suburbs and Sydney inner west under the name: 3fs electrical service.

I would be happy to join a meet up group within the eastern suburbs Randwick sounds good for me.

Thanks,
    Lior
  11. akagrp

akagrp Active Member

Hello

We seem to have a few interested bodies for a meetup, anyone wish to through around some dates and times

How are Wed's for all of us? Do we what to catch up for Coffee, Lunch or Early evening drinks
  12. Emma GW

Emma GW New Member

13. websterinwhite

websterinwhite New Member

Hi Anna,

I would be interested. Wed morning coffee would probably be best.

simon
  14. writeNOISE

writeNOISE Member

I only just saw this forum thread today. I'm in the Inner West, but can pretty easily get to Easter Suburbs. Keep me posted on whether an event is organised.

Thanks!

Virginia
    writeNOISE Communications
    www.writenoise.com.au
  15. mineral

mineral Member

I'd be interested in somewhere after hours in the CBD or East (somewhere easy to get to like Bondi Junction).
  16. SydAndy

SydAndy New Member

Hey,

I'm interested in this too, and Surry Hills is my local, there are lots of good places over this way too!

Andy
  17. SydAndy

SydAndy New Member

18. akagrp

akagrp Active Member

Hi Guys

As Andy has taken the first step in assigning a date and time how about we all aim to meet next Wed the 9th March at 8.00am at
    Book Kitchen, 255 Devonshire St, Surry Hills.
    (Opposite Bourke St Bakery)
    8 AM

and from there we can all work out future dates and locations

Parking should be OK at that time, but if you can't get a park by 7:45, call me, and you can park in my garage spots, well the visitor & empty ones.
    0466 586 007

Hope we can all catchup would be great to meet you all as we have been exchanging posts on this for a few months now
  19. Got Game

Got Game New Member

Hey,

Is this meet still happening in the East of Sydney?

Please let me know where, when and how...and if it's still possible to get involved, great!

Jed
  20. Smyth

Smyth New Member

I'm also keen to join in... I visit Randwick etc each week for customer appointments, and would love to brainstorm a bit with like-minded entrepreneurs and soloists! When's the next meet-up?

I've just started selling Optus Business Solutions, though I'm doing it via technical and detaled analysis of current bills rather than proposing generic, "1 size fits all" packages. I'm a geek, not a sales person, and would benefit from some more experienced business owners. :)