1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

Awol

Discussion in 'Other discussions' started by Burgo, May 16, 2014.

1. Burgo

Burgo Renowned Member

I am being taken away by men in white coats
    Destination Fiji
    Hope-fully treatment will last till the 26th
    Doctors believe I should be recovered enough to resume duties at this time
    Bulla
    2 people like this.
  2. MissSassy

MissSassy Renowned Member

Love this post - lucky you
  3. sansamad

sansamad Active Member

Hi Burgo,

You'll just have to follow Dr's orders and take it as it comes :)

From what I understand, treatment is so thorough that you may decide it best to continue for a little longer ;)

Anyhow beware of all manner of concoctions served with strange accouterments like umbrellas and tropical fruits - very suspect!!!

Cin cin as I love to say on a Friday :)

Sandra
  4. PerfectNotes-Kathy

PerfectNotes-Kathy Active Member

Hey Burgo,

Have a brilliant break! (Just don't make us too envious with your stories when you get back, pls ;) )

Kathy
  5. Burgo

Burgo Renowned Member

"I'M ON FIJI TIME"

Highly recommend a trip to the Shangri-La Fijian Resort.
    It's wasn't so much the comfortable rooms unbelievable food or any of those beaut tangible things it was something very special

"The people"

I met so many doing jobs most of us would want good wages for and be uptight in doing them But the wonderful Fijian people did everything to perfection at their relaxed paced always smiling and laughing, stopping to talk even though they were busy
    Its called "Fiji Time" and I'm sold
    43 years ago when shewhomustbe and I went there for our hunnymoon the Fijian had just opened and everything was on a much smaller scale.
    We were privileged to be taken on a private tour of the surrounding villages and at this point there were few schools and the villages were poor.
    This trip we were taken on a similar tour, how things have changed and it is the tourism and the Shangri-La that have helped with this transformation
    The schools and preschools are run by donation and the villages we visited were also financed the same way.
    Yes there are still a number of smaller villages that struggle for finance, but there always will be.

We have much to learn from the Fijians, in our attitude to one another
    Vinaka
    1 person likes this.