1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

Crazy Domain for webhosting

Discussion in 'Talking technology' started by T j Turner, May 16, 2011.

1. T j Turner

T j Turner Member

Just wondering if anyone has used Crazy Domain for their web hosting, if so are they any good as I am thinkig of using them for my domain name in the next few months but wasn't sure about having webhostig with them at the same time and what sort of webhosting to have

Thanks

Tanja
  2. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

The important thing (as discussed elswhere on a similar post) is to have your domain hosted in Australia for an Australian based business. And to have a 'com.au'. Check out anyone you wish to use. Australian based hosting means the servers are faster and more reliable and you normally get to speak to a person.
    1 person likes this.
  3. T j Turner

T j Turner Member

Thanks for that. If anyone has any others that do webhosting as well as a domain names would like to hear your ideas
  4. Netorigin

Netorigin Active Member

Hi Tanja,

I would recommend business grade web hosting if you require hosting for your business. Business grade web hosting isn't the cheapest because it'll include a SLA that specifies guaranteed uptime, customer support, maintenance and even compensation. Also don't be fooled by web hosts offering 24/7 customer support. Say you send an email to support at 1am, you might not get a reply until several hours later. I wouldn't class this as true 24/7 customer support.

I hope this helps in making your decision :)

Cheers,
    Shaun
    2 people like this.
  5. DreamscanbeVisions

DreamscanbeVisions Member

Okay I'll probably be hated for this but IMHO you should not get your hosting from Australia. Reasons why you shouldnt outgain the positives:

• You shouldn't
    - Much more expensive (some are 5times more than U.S hosts & lack severely)
    - Uptime is not 99.9% guarantee with alot of them
    - U.S hosts load extremely fast internationally
    - Very low in features compared to the big U.S hosts
    - Customer support is nothing compared to U.S
    - U.S hosts customer support helps with non host related issues too!!! & 24/7
    - U.S hosts wordpress is already integrated & in one click you have it installed on your host
    - The customer support must be said again... VERY VERY HELPFUL!!
    - U.S hosts = Unlimited email addresses for e.g (unlimited)@website.com.au
    - U.S hosts 30 day money back guaranteed
    - Heaps more!

• You should get aussie
    - loads 0.0001 second faster than U.S hosts in Australia only meh..
    - you can go to there shopfront (if they have one) & say hello..

-------------------------

Someone please let me know if I'm wrong with what I've stated :)
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  6. DreamscanbeVisions

Just curios: Is your live chat 24/7 too ? Yes it's 2:30am in Aust & I'm on your site.

Kindest regards.
  7. Netorigin

Netorigin Active Member

Hello,

We don't offer 24/7 live chat support, although our email support is manned 24/7. The live chat is only for our sales department which is available from 9am to 5pm WST Mon-Fri. Our customers are happy with the level of email support we provide since the SLA mentions that we will respond within 20 minutes to any support request.

Regards,
    Shaun
  8. Joes

Joes Member

DreamscanbeVisions, It makes me sad when someone puts down an Australian product with no proof
    So, to cheer myself up, I will give to both DreamscanbeVisions and the OP ,
    T J Turner , free hosting in Australia for one month
    No catches
    It is Australian Hosting with your own Cpanel
    One gig of space and unlimited bandwidth
    I do this to prove how good it is
    One click instals on all the major programs like wordpress joomla etc
    Very very fast here and overseas
    I aim for 100% uptime

Just send me a message advising the domain name you want to host
    No hold on You probably do not have a spare domain name
    So I will buy for you a .info domain name to use for this experiment

Just post or message what subject matter you would like the domain name for
    Regards
    Joe
  9. DreamscanbeVisions

Thanks NetOrigin & very nice website too!

@Joes - I'm not putting anyone down I am comparing U.S hosting with Aus hosting & I am stating facts. Let me know what you disagree to so we can clear the air.

Please clarify the points I was wrong in, thank you.

I'm all for the consumer, I'm all for the lil guy/girl & I'm always there to help the person in need.

I am not someone to provide incentives for personal benefit.

Kind regards.
  10. rebaf

rebaf New Member

Sorry DreamscanbeVisions but I see the Australian hosting market a bit differently to you.

Yes there are examples where Aussie hosts are more expensive or don't have a full range of services, just as there are countless US hosts who over promise and under deliver. Fortunately there is a large number of Australian hosts that compete very well against US counterparts for price, inclusions, performance and reliability. Price is even less of an issue while the Aussie dollar is above parity.

The point KarenC made earlier in this thread was about Australian hosts for Australian based business. I would perhaps qualify that a little by adding where the primary market is Australia. This is not a "Buy Aussie" argument. It is about making a sound business decision. Australian hosting can be very valuable to your search ranking prospects where your market is Australian. Hosting location is a factor in the ranking algorithms.

As for some of your other points like email addresses and included applications like Wordpress, that may have been true a few years ago, but a little research will reveal a number of options that provide these features.
  11. DreamscanbeVisions

Hi Rebaf & it's great to have your feedback. I don't mean to be rude, anti-aust or just mean. I am stating my opinion & providing a suggestion according to my knowledge.

My main point was the benefits of getting U.S hosting far outweightdomestic hosting (including seo).

If I am wrong please find me the best Australian web host & provide the name (don't even give a link just the name). Then I will provide a U.S based host & we can compare to clear up any confusion.

The reason why I'm being like this is because the last few posts are saying that what I've stated is false. If what I stated is false please do provide me & others with justification.

Kind regards & no hard feeling to anyone, I want to make sure my knowledge is correct while also making sure people reading this are not misinformed :)

| I don't want to grill anyone (or business) so please provide genuine info |
  12. DreamscanbeVisions

I think you just gave U.S hosting another +1
  13. AgentMail

AgentMail Well-Known Member

Hi Tanja,

Back to your original question, both my sites www.agentmail.com.au and www.yeoz.com.au are hosting using crazydomains. I think I bought the 1year package for $55 or something, and it (appears) to have been absolutely fine. Now please bear in mind I do not run shopping carts, online payments or any other heavy duty stuff, so I cannot comment on that, but the back end controls have been fantastic even from a novices point of view. I have been able to run one site on Drupal, and I believe wordpress and joomla are also easy to run through it's Cpanel. it also has some great site analytics in there, has unlimited email accounts etc. Also has unlimited traffic, is based in and run from Australia and I believe even has a 99.9% uptime guarantee.

The one thing to note, which I found out when setting up my second site is that each site has to have seperate hosting, so you cannot host multiple sites through the one package. If this is an issue for you, double check this, but all in all, can't complain at all.
    1 person likes this.
  14. Netorigin

Netorigin Active Member

If the OP requires hosting for multiple domains, it'd be best to look for a hosting plan that includes addon domains.

Cheers,
    Shaun
  15. bluepenguin

bluepenguin Well-Known Member

Some of my customers have used Crazy Domains recently and they are ok.
    You do get what you pay for though. Their service and support is not so great and the servers can get a bit slow at times - but I'd recommend them to someone on a tight budget.

For my own business, I have always used Smartyhost and they have always been great. They cost a little more than Crazy Domains, but the price is still very reasonable, but the support and reliabilty is far better, and my site has never gone down.
  16. victorng

victorng Well-Known Member

I use both Australian and US webhosting companies.

Pretty much all of what you wrote is complete and utter nonsense. What you've written makes it very hard to stick within the FS forum guidelines and play nice.

What are all these 'features' that US hosts have that Australian hosts don't? The fact you list unlimited email addresses and one-click installs of Wordpress as a differentiating factor demonstrates you know very little about what you are talking about.

To the OP, I'd recommend cPanel hosting - makes it a lot easier to manage and, if necessary, change hosts. Check out AussieHQ, VentraIP, Ausweb and Netregistry, to name a few.
  17. DreamscanbeVisions

Victor, you only outline 2 of the benefits U.S hosting has & ignored the rest.

Okay Victor since you are a professional in the online industry.. provide one benefit (don't state the basics) of using an AU host compared to U.S

Just one benefit which makes any AU Host superior to the Best U.S host :)

Depending on how long you take to response we will see if your information is factual.

Kind regards.
  18. SuzsSpace

SuzsSpace Active Member

One thing you should be looking for is a hosting company that is large enough to have a decent size support team. My first two companies were solo operations. The first company were impossible to get in touch with and to actually address the issue would take many weeks. The second company was also a solo operator and just after I signed up with him he got married and went overseas, he totally fell off the map a few months later and I lost any kind of support. I then went with an Australian company who have an awesome support team and a different sales team. They have been fairly quick on the uptake with answering questions and dealing with problems. VentraIP may be a little more expensive than Crazy Domains but I'm very happy with them.

I have a cPanel with easy installation of Wordpress, Joomla and so many more things that I don't actually need. I would still install Google Analytics as the information you get from that is far superior to the information given through cPanel. I have the business hosting.

Going back to the support issue. Because they're in Australia I know they're going to give me support in a reasonable timeframe, I don't need to wait until they wake up and put me in the cue. If I put in a ticket on Monday morning I don't need to wait until the next working day overseas. They understand my language and I don't need to go back to simple English.
  19. Joes

Joes Member

Sorry DreamscanbeVisions, I just do not have the time to debate your views
    I presume from your reply that you have declined my offer of free hosting and free domain name so you could try an Australian host for yourself
    Good luck with your on line ventures
    Regards
    Joe
  20. victorng

victorng Well-Known Member

You listed those two items as 'benefits' that US hosts have that Australian hosts don't. I'm telling you that most Australian hosts also provide those 'benefits' therefore they are not differentiating factors.

Who do you regard as the 'best US host'? Are they 5 times cheaper than the 'best' Australian host?

The one benefit that makes a lot of Australian hosts a better choice for business hosting here is that they and their servers and their support team are here in Australia. Ok maybe that's three benefits.

Anyway, this is veering dangerously off topic so I've said my piece and will leave it at that.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011