1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

Do free websites deter customers?

Discussion in 'Marketing mastery' started by N45H, Jul 12, 2014.

1. PerfectNotes-Kathy

PerfectNotes-Kathy Active Member

Hi N45H,

As has been noted, it's often more about the email address used - a yahoo or similar email address is seen as personal and therefore not very professional. Given that it is very cheap and easy to setup your own domain, it seems a small investment to make in the longevity of your business.

HTH,

Kathy
  2. OpusNOIR Photography

OpusNOIR Photography Member

"free" websites, both as a customer and a now former web designer, are my pet hate.

As a customer it says that the business is "cutting corners" and I instantly lose trust in what it can offer me. Personally as soon as I see a wix logo I'm out of there!

I also dislike the way they claim these sites are "free" but if you want any decent level of support you have to pay.

I used to design and build websites but I was finding that too many potential clients after receiving my quote went and found the "free" options, so I lost thousands upon thousands of dollars in business income to these "free" website builders.

Sorry to sound so negative but you have struck a raw nerve!
  3. IncredibleCo

IncredibleCo Active Member

Answer to this one is simple - If you're not prepared to invest in your business, how can you expect others to?
    2 people like this.