1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

First Party Data

Discussion in 'Marketing mastery' started by Megna_Arche_Analytics, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Megna_Arche_Analytics

Megna_Arche_Analytics Member

Are you familiar with the term 'first party data'?
    I ask because I have been working in customer and retail analytics across major listed brands for over a decade and I want to now help SMBs make better decisions using their own data
    Is this something you would want to know more about? Are you concerned about marketing when privacy laws and awareness make it harder to reach prospective customers?
    Many thanks for your input!
  2. Paul - FS Concierge

Paul - FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

I have seen a lot of data analytics operators on this site struggle.

Demonstrating the ROI is difficult in your space.

I feel if you can demonstrate actual ROI, you will be placed well in the market.

The problem is that you both need to educate and to demonstrate.

I may be wrong, but I don't see many very small businesses come looking for these services. Compare and contrast to say an Accountant or Lawyer or even a Web Developer where people do go looking for them.

But enough of the Debbie Downer from me already :)

Cheers
  3. bb1

bb1 Renowned Member

And I think a better approach would be if @Megna_Arche_Analytics took a better approach to trying to tell us what it is, I have a good understanding of it, but most wouldnt and are they going to come on here and say no we don't know.

Come out and write a speel about it, tell us the benefits, then you may get more engagement, rather then asking us what it is, you know that, we don't.

Sell the benefits, don't make it hard work for us
  4. Megna_Arche_Analytics

Megna_Arche_Analytics Member

Paul - FS Concierge likes this.