1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

G'day :)

Discussion in 'New member? Introduce yourself.' started by Handsome Genius, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Handsome Genius

Handsome Genius New Member

Hey everyone,

This seems like the place to introduce yourself, so here I go! I'm James, I'm 30 and I live and work in Melbourne's eastern suburbs as a freelance SEO consultant.

I first started playing around with SEO in 2007, first stumbling upon the whole caper with my a wordpress blog I was writing about a hobby of mine. From there, I started helping out some friends get some traffic to their business websites, and then that led to friends of friends. And now, after a bit of a detour into the world of Affiliate Marketing, doing SEO has ended up being my main income.

I've been pretty slow to actually build up any sort of web presence or branding of my own, up until now. I've always had other people's websites to promote and that's always felt like it's been a higher priority than getting around to getting my own together. But one of the web designers I do a bit of work for has needled me enough times about how ridiculous it is to be running an internet business without having a website, so I've finally pulled my finger out and grabbed a business name and domain name and got someone to draw up a logo etc. and I figured that in the meantime while that's all still coming together it'd be a good idea to sign up to a couple of forums and so on just to be a bit less invisible.. so here I am!

Anyway, not sure what else to say, except that I look forward to talking to you all. Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Neddy

Neddy Active Member

Welcome James.

You'll probably need to put a picture in your avatar before you can claim the status of "handsome" though! ;)

Looking forward to seeing your website.

Cheers, Ned
  3. Divert To Mobile

Divert To Mobile Well-Known Member

Howdy handsome James,

Welcome to the forum, hope you discover and share lots of useful info here.

Steve
  4. tonyk

tonyk Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums James. Your friend is 100 per cent right, a web presence is an absolute must. Hope you pick up plenty of valuable information on here. Have no doubt that you will.

Best of luck with everything.
  5. bmd

bmd Member

good luck james

I'm sure people will be racking your brain for some SEO tricks!!

Hope you get plenty out of FS - I know I have in the short time I have been a member.

Matt
  6. FS Concierge

FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

Hi James,

Nice to meet you, and thanks for joining the forum.

We'll look forward to seeing that new website in due course :)

All the best,
    Jayne
  7. TheGoldenGoose

TheGoldenGoose Well-Known Member

Glad you've decided to 'pull your finger out'

You will find the quality of your clients picks up when you present yourself well. Best of luck!

:)
  8. My Virtual Me

My Virtual Me New Member

Welcome James,

Flying Solo is a great networking site - one of the best in Australia (in fact I'm not sure of any other that are as good).

The articles are fantastic, and you can usually gather enough information from everyone to solve whatever problem you have.

Hope you have an enjoyable and informative time on the FS Forums.
  9. Handsome Genius

Handsome Genius New Member

That's fair enough - I've put up my most recent photo. I'm looking forward to seeing my website too!

Thank you everyone. I'm enjoying this place already.