1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

Hello from (usually) sunny Brisbane!

Discussion in 'New member? Introduce yourself.' started by jaykay, Jul 16, 2012.

1. jaykay

jaykay New Member

Gday!
    My name's Jaaved and I'm a long time browser of FS... who finally decided to join up and contribute.

I'm an SEO Strategist with Dejan SEO - so expect a lot of SEO related quips from me. I've been in Search for a long time and have been designing websites since the mid 90s.

I'm in the process of launching an online venture which is ironically quite scary, considering I've helped hundreds of people with their online stores quite comfortably (albeit from the marketing/SEO side of things). Ecommerce has never been easier to dive into but the fear will still be there for most and I guess that's what makes it so fun.

Looking forward to helping out where I can on here but more importantly, learning in every possible way from everyone.

Cheers!

Caveat: I'm posting on here in a personal capacity. Views expressed are my own and may not be shared by my employer.
  2. Robert Gerrish

Robert Gerrish Administrator Staff Member

Welcome JayKay, you'll find plenty of others in your field here and we all look forward to seeing you dive in and share your experiences.

Thanks for joining,

Robert and the FS Crew
  3. Divert To Mobile

Divert To Mobile Well-Known Member

Hi Jaaved,

Interesting point you raise about the nervousness of doing seo for an seo site.

Steve
  4. jaykay

jaykay New Member

Thanks for the welcome - looking forward to it all!

5. jaykay

jaykay New Member

I'm not nervous about doing SEO for an SEO site or about SEO in general (sorry for the misinterpreation).

When you've been doing it as long as I have, nothing scares you anymore! (not even an algorithm update).

I'm usually involved in the marketing of a website and improving conversions and so on, but have never been involved in other areas like product sourcing, tax and finances, order fulfillment and so on and this is where the jitters come in - but that's because I've never done it before.

We'll see how things go :)

6. Divert To Mobile

Divert To Mobile Well-Known Member

My apologies Jaaved,

I missread your post and thought you were talking about seo.

Steve