1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Help.. could only find old post re refunds...

Discussion in 'Other discussions' started by LucasArthur, Jul 10, 2012.

1. LucasArthur

LucasArthur Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Would love a little nudge in the right direction please...

Does anyone clearly know what arises with online sales and returns of products? i know a lot has change of late and not sure i am across it.

Main body of query... offering a money back guarantee... is the seller under any obligation to refund the cost of freight on goods returned for refund?

Ty
  2. MyGreatIdea

MyGreatIdea Well-Known Member

Have a look around the ACCC website - most of what you need to know regarding the new laws is in there somewhere.

Wendy :)
  3. LucasArthur

LucasArthur Well-Known Member

Thanks Wendy

I did have a run through it,,, oh boy, interpretation is interesting.. guess we just need to remember that the consumer has the law stacked on their side.. mind you not saying that is a bad thing.. its just when you come across an 'awkward' client that pushes the boundaries of the law, it makes an interesting read....

Still a little ambiguous.. there is a statement re returning goods that goes like this:
    ask the supplier to collect the
    rejected goods, if the goods cannot
    be returned without significant cost
    to the consumer.​
    What is 'significant cost'.. is it a percentage value of the said item, etc etc.. i may have to call to clarify as i cant find that definition...

Cheers
    Jason