1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

Help.. could only find old post re refunds...

Discussion in 'Other discussions' started by HarryLuke Logistics, Jul 10, 2012.

1. HarryLuke Logistics

HarryLuke Logistics Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Would love a little nudge in the right direction please...

Does anyone clearly know what arises with online sales and returns of products? i know a lot has change of late and not sure i am across it.

Main body of query... offering a money back guarantee... is the seller under any obligation to refund the cost of freight on goods returned for refund?

Ty
  2. Couple It

Couple It Well-Known Member

Have a look around the ACCC website - most of what you need to know regarding the new laws is in there somewhere.

Wendy :)
  3. HarryLuke Logistics

HarryLuke Logistics Well-Known Member

Thanks Wendy

I did have a run through it,,, oh boy, interpretation is interesting.. guess we just need to remember that the consumer has the law stacked on their side.. mind you not saying that is a bad thing.. its just when you come across an 'awkward' client that pushes the boundaries of the law, it makes an interesting read....

Still a little ambiguous.. there is a statement re returning goods that goes like this:
    ask the supplier to collect the
    rejected goods, if the goods cannot
    be returned without significant cost
    to the consumer.​
    What is 'significant cost'.. is it a percentage value of the said item, etc etc.. i may have to call to clarify as i cant find that definition...

Cheers
    Jason