1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

Help needed!

Discussion in 'Starting your journey' started by NickKaro, Jul 12, 2014.

1. NickKaro

NickKaro Active Member

Hi all

Hoping some SEO experts can assist in explaining why our crowdfunding website (see signature below) does not show up in organic results on Google? I understand SEO will assist in raising the ranking but I find it strange to not show up on any page of the results?

Assuming I can get the above resolved relatively easily, we will separately be after quotes for white-hat SEO services to raise our organic search rank (no marketing - can handle social media and adwords ourselves).

Thanks
    Nick
  2. help4bis.com

help4bis.com Active Member

When did you started, it can take a few months to get some organic visits.
  3. niknah

niknah Member

Go to...
    https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/

Verify your site. (usually this just means uploading a file to your website)

Then go to "google index" > Content keywords to see which keywords relate to your site. There's a lot of other stuff there to help your site get on the search.

Google searches are customized for each person, you can go to different computers and search on the same thing but different results will appear.
  4. NickKaro

NickKaro Active Member

Thanks for the advice and assistance thus far. The site went live a couple of months ago, might be the reason - does show up if searching for the name but not for any other searches thus far (other than where we have Adwords set-up).
  5. help4bis.com

help4bis.com Active Member

Not sure how to help you really, but some SEO WP guys might.

Here is a standard report done on your site, with some standard explanations on how to fix things.

ozcrowd.pdf

Hope it helps, go through it and pop some questions you might have.
  6. PerfectNotes-Kathy

PerfectNotes-Kathy Active Member

Hi Nick,

Sadly, I can only agree with the others. From a quick look at the site, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong. You have analytics on the pages, so it must appear in webmaster tools for you, so as long as you have verified it, you should be fine. There is text on the pages, your images have real titles, so it should be OK. As has been suggested, look into the reporting in webmaster tools to see if that highlights anything - are you using the keywords you expect to rank for sufficiently well? You could also try clicking 'Update' under the Index Status section under Google Index - this may assist Google in refinding your site - which may help.

All the best,
    Kathy
  7. NickKaro

NickKaro Active Member

Thanks. The message from other professionals in the industry is similar to the comments above, will have to wait it out. Given reasonable popularity thus far, expect it to continue to grow and obtain Google's attention eventually.
    1 person likes this.
  8. deviantorres

deviantorres Member

I agree on this one. It could take a long time to get there. I know one guy who is into SEO. He expected that long to get his website to the organic results, but it was longer than expected.