1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

Jerry Seinfeld's Productivity Secret

Discussion in 'Get productive' started by LuckyDip, Jul 6, 2012.

1. LuckyDip

LuckyDip Member

2. adrian

adrian Active Member

It's a nice idea. I've tried a couple of times, and find it really hard to keep a chain going having two kids under 3... Should ease up soon (hopefully). In the meantime, yascal.simplegames.ca is a nice site for doing this online if you prefer that to paper (you can also make yourself publicly accountable.

Cheers
  3. FS Concierge

FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Ash - I love those articles, and you've inspired me no end this morning :)

Love your work,
    Jayne
  4. victorng

victorng Well-Known Member

I like lifehacker too :)

My 4 year old puts stickers on a calendar when he does violin practice. It is pretty much all the motivation he needs and if he gets a sticker 3 days in a row it does increase the chances of him practising every day of that week.

I've now discovered that my wife is putting stickers on a calendar too for one of her goals...
  5. Couple It

Couple It Well-Known Member

hahaha Adrian ;) Because it's Friday, I won't disillusion you...yep, sure to ease up very soon lol

Wendy :)
    2 people like this.
  6. LuckyDip

LuckyDip Member

Haha... oh wait... I'm in the same boat with a 2.5yo and 8mo :)
  7. tonyk

tonyk Well-Known Member

Good read. Thanks for the link.
  8. bmd

bmd Member

great little story - I love the visualisation it creates!

will put that to use

Thanks
  9. karl vann

karl vann New Member

Lurking here for years and just signed up so I could say this., I read about this jerry seinfeld thing a month or so ago, checked it out and thought it would be better on my phone. Found a free app called "My chain".

It's the same idea but on 'roids, it's great.. Instead of having one chain can have as many as you like as widgets. I have 10 seperate chains running, running, seo, content, blah blah blah, I set a timer for each one and when the timer runs out I mark off another day on the chain. check it out if you have an android, I went from not running for excersise ever in my life, 12 days ago I put it on my chain and I ran 2km today.
    2 people like this.
  10. sarahjoy

sarahjoy New Member

An app sounds like a fantastic idea! I have so many things that I always mean to make time for but never do...

Great articles too, very motivating for a Friday!
  11. CloudLogic

CloudLogic New Member

Great article and great tip. Just a bit disappointed there was no "and finally Jerry said" joke at the end...
  12. jeanmaddocks

jeanmaddocks Guest

Thank you for sharing this. I have problems regarding procrastination be it at work or any work that should be done in the house. Having that, I end up with tons of work loads and that just made it more difficult to accomplish. I hope this works for me, wish me best of luck!