1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Jerry Seinfeld's Productivity Secret

Discussion in 'Get productive' started by LuckyDip, Jul 6, 2012.

1. LuckyDip

LuckyDip Member

2. adrian

adrian Active Member

It's a nice idea. I've tried a couple of times, and find it really hard to keep a chain going having two kids under 3... Should ease up soon (hopefully). In the meantime, yascal.simplegames.ca is a nice site for doing this online if you prefer that to paper (you can also make yourself publicly accountable.

Cheers
  3. [Former] FS Concierge

[Former] FS Concierge Renowned Member

Thanks Ash - I love those articles, and you've inspired me no end this morning :)

Love your work,
    Jayne
  4. victorng

victorng Well-Known Member

I like lifehacker too :)

My 4 year old puts stickers on a calendar when he does violin practice. It is pretty much all the motivation he needs and if he gets a sticker 3 days in a row it does increase the chances of him practising every day of that week.

I've now discovered that my wife is putting stickers on a calendar too for one of her goals...
  5. MyGreatIdea

MyGreatIdea Renowned Member

hahaha Adrian ;) Because it's Friday, I won't disillusion you...yep, sure to ease up very soon lol

Wendy :)
    2 people like this.
  6. LuckyDip

LuckyDip Member

Haha... oh wait... I'm in the same boat with a 2.5yo and 8mo :)
  7. tonyk

tonyk Renowned Member

Good read. Thanks for the link.
  8. bmd

bmd Member

great little story - I love the visualisation it creates!

will put that to use

Thanks
  9. karl vann

karl vann New Member

Lurking here for years and just signed up so I could say this., I read about this jerry seinfeld thing a month or so ago, checked it out and thought it would be better on my phone. Found a free app called "My chain".

It's the same idea but on 'roids, it's great.. Instead of having one chain can have as many as you like as widgets. I have 10 seperate chains running, running, seo, content, blah blah blah, I set a timer for each one and when the timer runs out I mark off another day on the chain. check it out if you have an android, I went from not running for excersise ever in my life, 12 days ago I put it on my chain and I ran 2km today.
    2 people like this.
  10. sarahjoy

sarahjoy New Member

An app sounds like a fantastic idea! I have so many things that I always mean to make time for but never do...

Great articles too, very motivating for a Friday!
  11. CloudLogic

CloudLogic New Member

Great article and great tip. Just a bit disappointed there was no "and finally Jerry said" joke at the end...
  12. jeanmaddocks

jeanmaddocks Guest

Thank you for sharing this. I have problems regarding procrastination be it at work or any work that should be done in the house. Having that, I end up with tons of work loads and that just made it more difficult to accomplish. I hope this works for me, wish me best of luck!