1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

Flying Solo loves Meetups! Face-to-face, small group meetups are fabulous for soloists, we've even written our very own Flying Solo Guide to Meetups. To Find or Launch a Meetup in your area, take a look through this section or head straight to our page on Meetup.com and dive in!

Flying Solo Meetups

NOTE: If you’re already an organiser on Meetup.com or intend to launch a group, just add Flying Solo as one of your topics to appear on our page and benefit from our promotion of your Meetup.

Melbourne Networking Group S.E Suburbs

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Epoch, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Epoch

Epoch New Member

Hi all,

I have a Graphic Design and Printing business and I'm currently looking to start a free networking group with other business professionals.
    I have been part of a BNI chapter before and would like to form a new group of professionals to meet weekly for breakfast to discuss general business, networking opportunities and pass on referrals.

My aim is to grow a productive and supportive networking group that can meet up on a friendly, social level whilst still being proactive in our businesses.

The type of professionals I'm looking for are:

Accountant
    Builder
    Business Consultant
    Cabinet Maker
    Car Panel Beating
    Car Servicing / Repairs
    Computers sales / repairs
    Debt Collection
    Electrical appliance sales
    Electrician
    Finance
    Financial Management / Planning
    Fitness / Personal Trainer
    Floor Coverings
    Graphic Design
    Handy Man
    Insurance
    Marketing
    Mortgage Broker
    Photography
    Plumber
    Printing
    Property Investment
    Skin Care Clinic
    Solicitor
    Telecomunications
    Used / New car sales
    Real Estate Agent
    Painter
    Building Inspector
    Bathroom accessories sales
    And anyone else who feels they could benefit from or add value to this group.

Please contact me to register your interest, once a reasonable number of people have registered their interest we will organise a day and time to meet one another.

Look forward to some positive responses.

info@epochsolutions.net.au
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  2. mike@engagemarketing

mike@engagemarketing Member

Hi Epoch,
    i am interested in attending. Can you please let me know at mike@engagemarketing.com.au when more info becomes available.

Cheers,
    Mick
  3. Renee Barber

Renee Barber Member

Hi Epoch, that's a great idea as sometimes I wonder about having to pay to network. I have to say though that since I'm usually awake until 3 am, my breakfast is usually at noon!

Having said that, I'm with Mike on extending the hand of e-friendship and networking in general. As I've found with the referral networks and JVs (joint ventures) I've made, you never know where your next business 'partner' will be found. In short, please add me to your 'mailing list' for further information.

Oh and while I'm thinking about it, did I miss copywriter and editor in your listing? I'm a writer, editor, designer and marketer so my 'toolkit' covers a few categories. :)
  4. moezzi

moezzi New Member

Hi there,

Not sure how much i can actually help in termms of advice, i may be able to bring business though as im in need of a few services that thois potential group would provide.

Im located in the S.E suburbs, looking forward to hearing from you.

info@ozshisha.com.

thanks
  5. Sheree

Sheree Member

Hi Epoch & all interested soloists

You have made my day!!

I would love to be proactive and become part of the networking group for S.E. suburbs. I love that you want to create something that is free,yet exceptional value for those who actively contribute.

There is so much value in developing a group where relationship/connection with like minded people is a priority.
    As i have been looking for new networking events, I have found that there are many expensive events, including speakers. I am to the point in my career, where I have had information overload. I am glad to hear of the specific focus that you have for the networking group topics/items.
    Begin with important foundations and this will lead to other opportunities.

How about posting on the networking world directory (list of networking events) to attract more people to join. How many people would you like to have as a minimum number to commence?

I am coaching clients in the area of mindset & marketing.
    Attraction Marketing is a study program for small business or home business owners to apply attraction marketing system strategies, to attract clients.
    I coach as a personal trainer in mind fitness, Accelerate results through inner mindpower (children/adults). transformational coaching is the # 1 method to create transformation that translates to permanent change in thinking and acting/behaving excellence (NLP principles).
    This can be in the health & wellness category or Mpower&Passion.

My qualifications in PsychEd consultation & Coaching Practitioner.

I am very resourceful, a great connector and love connecting with people who love to achieve in life & business, while still making the most to have fun & enjoy life.

I would love to have an opportunity to explore the networkng group further & would love to be actively involved in developing this innovative plan.

Ps my post to Flying Solo today, is on networkig tips!!

Sheree Montgomerie
    Coach/Mentor/PsychEd Consultant

Attraction Marketing Experts
    Women in Business

INNERGENIUS
    coachingsuccess@mysoul.com.au
    www.smallbusinesscd.com
    0421 722 911 03 9798 4361
  6. Sheree

Sheree Member

Re: Melbourne Networking Group S.E Suburbs Interested please reply

Hi Epoch

To interested soloists

Will you have a chance to let me know if you are still interested in getting the networking group started.

I would love to get a networking group started.

I have seen a few groups that meet at approx 6-8pm. This time may be an option for after business meetings,time for networking and still allowing time at home in the evening.

Please see my post below Sheree Montgomerie

Sheree

coachingsuccess@mysoul.com.au
    Free Marketing CD
    www.smallbusinesscd.com
    0421 722 911
  7. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Hi Epoch
    I am really interested in joining a Networking group in South East Suburbs.

Have you any thoughts on where this would be held and times etc. please keep me informed .
    I work in small business training, mentoring and coaching
    you can contact me at sandy@believeinow

Regards Sandy
  8. veebee

veebee New Member

Very Very Interested in a Networking Group.

Whereabouts are you looking at having it centered??

Veebee
  9. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Hi Vebee, I am not exactly sure about what is happening with this group but I would be very interested in getting this group going.

I am based near chelsea, how about yourself

Regards Sandy cooper
  10. veebee

veebee New Member

Hiya Sandy.

Well I am in Carrum Downs.
    I have previously been in Networking and Referral Groups.

You might say it starts with a seed, and to get something going, just needs a small core. First thing is to identify the objective(s) of any group.

How about on this post we set a date, the geographic region to cover, and a rough idea of objectives. The first "event" could just be a small group to set out objectives (as without these it will go nowhere).

I suggest an area which covers from near Mordialloc down to Mt Eliza, and across to Cranbourne and Dandenong (but not including Cranbourne and Dandenong). This is just a suggestion though.

You up for being part of a "start-up" group Sandy??

VeeBee
  11. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Hi veebee, Yes I,m up for it and I agree with you on the areas sounds fantastic.

I have Mondays free can I suggest Monday 10th May for an initial meeting
    we could meet at The cove hotel in Patterson lakesfor our 1st meeting.

Or if you have another suggestion !!

If you would like to contact me by phone call me on 04001881076

lets do it Im keen
    Regards Sandy
  12. Epoch

Epoch New Member

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your replies.
    The first meeting will be held on Thursday 4th of June in Camberwell at 7am.

I have had a great amount of interest in the group and looking forward to a great turnout for the first event.

For any further info or if you wish to attend our first breakfast please email me at info@enetwork.net.au

Thanks,

Dane Schreuders
  13. veebee

veebee New Member

Hi Dane.

What are the objectives of the group??

To me, Camberwell is a bit too far, but I wish you luck.

Veebee
  14. veebee

veebee New Member

People interested in a group in the South East (more towards Bayside, focal point at Frankstong) - please message me.

I want to have a first get together this month.

It will be free, maybe meet for coffee (rather than as a breakfast group), meetings for an hour - to start.
    First business who shows keen interest will lock down the category.
    Second business, will be allowed in a category at the discretion of the "category owner".

Idea to network, share ideas, spread business, etc.

Message me.

Thanks,

vaughnn
  15. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Hi Vaughan,

Iam interested in joining network group in bayside area south east when and where will it meet

Regards Sandy

16. goodwisj

goodwisj New Member

Hey Dane!

Did the meeting occur? When's the next meeting???

I'd be interested in being part of the network

Cheers

Steve
  17. protocon

protocon New Member

Hi, just new and would like to see what the go is at one of these meetings. Let me know when the next one is.

Cheers
    John
  18. Banker

Banker New Member

The networking group sounds like a fantastic idea..I am a Bank Manager located in the S.E Suburbs if I can be of any assistance please let me know. I am more than happy to help small business. You can add me to your mailing lists.

email: costas.vlahos@gmail.com
  19. Tom

Tom New Member

Hi all,

I am also very much interested in Networking group. I didn't even know there was one in S.E suburbs - it's Great! Just wonder when and where is the next meeting is gonna be held?? Any new info please update.

Regards,

Tom

email: tomp8888@yahoo.com
  20. Angelo Papalexiou

Angelo Papalexiou New Member

Hi all,

I too am very interested in attending you networking group. I currently, on occassions, attend the Booroondara Business Network night (which is quite good) but would also like be part of another networking group.

I am a Chartered Accountant and opreate my own accounting/taxation advisory business, AP Taxation Services I am located in Murrumbeena and would love to be a part of this group.

When is the next catch up and when?

Regards
    Angelo

E: apapalexiou@bigpond.com OR angelo@aptaxation.com.au

PS I can also be contacted on the above email address