1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

‘Community Reviews’: How things work around here.
    We invite you to canvas the views of the community on your OWN website, business idea, strategy or concept. If the community likes what you’re doing they’ll tell you. The opposite is also true, so be brave!

The more effort you put into your post, the more meaningful the feedback will be. For this reason, please ‘copy and paste’ the following questions into your post, along with your responses:
    1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

Note to reviewers: Always remember the Golden Rule of these forums: R-E-S-P-E-C-T. If you have nothing constructive to say, don’t say it, and when being critical, be polite. Constructive criticism is welcomed. Destructive criticism, rudeness and anything outside the community guidelines will be removed with offenders risking a ban.
  2. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!

Need a review of my Website

Discussion in 'Tell me straight...' started by TOGViking, Nov 10, 2013.

1. TOGViking

TOGViking Member

Hi guy's just put up a basic website so far.

I do Evaporative air conditioning services and parts. I need it reviewed where you book a service. the images and other parts will be changed and more content added later but my main focus is having the booking side of things working and easy to understand.
    My business is located in Dubb NSW and will only be doing that area, I will be adding an online store later for parts that will do Australia wide.

Any suggestions on design, layout, things I need to add or things I need to change would be greatly appreciated.

http://dcairconditiong.com.au
  2. [Former] FS Concierge

[Former] FS Concierge Renowned Member

Hi TOGViking,

Your link didn't work for me :eek:.

Cheers,
    Jayne
  3. TOGViking

TOGViking Member

4. Divert To Mobile

Divert To Mobile Renowned Member

5. SuzsSpace

SuzsSpace Active Member

When I clicked on the first link google suggested

http://dsairconditioning.com.au/

only differs by one letter.

The booking process seems really easy. I went through the process but declined to put in my contact details. I like the way you repeat the appt details above the form and give the length of time and the price.

When you put in further details I suggest you put in your location. The other company has nothing like that, your website is also nicer.
  6. steph90

steph90 Member

To improve your site I'd make the slider not as high and add some information to your home page!

Write a little about what you do, summarize your services etc. At the moment you don't say anything at all about your business!!

Also the header isn't great and to be honest your logo could use a redesign, it doesn't look very professional.

After these changes I think your site will look nice :)

Allowing bookings online is a great idea. We have added similar feature for a couple of our clients and they've had a lot of success with it.
  7. Past-Member

Past-Member Renowned Member

Hi - It's important to make it clear what areas geographically you do. There is nothing on the contact page to tell the viewer where you are based. As many states have the same suburb names, you should make it very clear what state as well.

The gallery page does not work in Firefox on a Mac. The images go off the page on the right hand side. Nothing in the page shows at all.

Typo about us page ... instllation should be installation

Typo home page ... lisenced should be licensed*
    Typo home page ... instllation should be installation

*depends also on whether using it as a noun or verb. See http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/licence_license.htm

I would also use a more natural photo - one of yourself or trades installing. That stock one is used too often on websites.

Cheers.
  8. TOGViking

TOGViking Member

Thanks guy's will be looking at better photo's they were just one's I took on my phone just to have there till I get better one's

As i said only basic still need to add quite a bit, with the logo it is the same as they have used for the last 8 years I think, so you reckon a redesign is needed??

I'll get my guy who does the web design to have a look at the problem with the photo's.

Really it is more for my existing customers I can only do so many start ups before it gets too hot and people start getting angry that it is not done yet. I do get a few new customers every year, but I really have enough. I have about 300 plus about 120 real Estate jobs, then all the break downs and repair work.

I will add location and area I do to the home page, the typo's I didn't pick up actually will get him to change it.

Thanks guy's keep the comments coming good or bad :)
  9. MatthewKeath

MatthewKeath Renowned Member

Further to what has already been said, you should check it on on mobile phone. While the mobile theme is responsive, the booking is not, which makes it almost impossible to use on a mobile.

Cheers,

Matt
  10. TOGViking

TOGViking Member

Ah thanks for that didn't check it on the mobile, will get him to have a look at it and see what he can do. I think that would be very handy for my clients.
  11. Craig_Longmuir

Craig_Longmuir Active Member

not the best looking site and more importantly there is no info on there...
    what you do, why use you, where are you

contact form not working either...
  12. Trastas

Trastas Member

If the sites purpose is to allow existing customers to make appointments, why not have the booking tool on the home page? In my opinion, the current home page and slideshow serve no purpose.

If you can I would change the phone number to standard Aussie format i.e (0400 000 000), it's obviously not a deal breaker but it is a pet peeve of mine :)
  13. glo

glo Member

Link not working
  14. The Copy Chick

The Copy Chick Renowned Member

Totally agree with everything everyone has said so far.. your site says nothing about who you are, where you're located, what your experience/guarantees are, or why anyone would want to hire you. The contact form is also broken, but a useful addition to your contact page might be a map of the areas you service.

Not sure where the gallery is that Karen C was referring to - or the content. Did I miss something?