1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

Need advice for advertising effectively

Discussion in 'Get productive' started by www.lights2you.com.au, Jun 14, 2012.

1. www.lights2you.com.au

www.lights2you.com.au New Member

Now, I works in the company business in LED, Lighting downlight, crystal chandelier, and so on. We are online shop. The company location is in Sydney.

We are confident with our products, and it's suitable price.

Any advice to show ourselves effectively? Thanks you.
  2. MatthewKeath

MatthewKeath Well-Known Member

If you are going to do Adwords, for the love of all things holy, make sure you link your ad's to a specific product or product category.

So if your ad is about down lights, the link the ad directly to the down light pages.

If you could give some more specific types of advertising you want to do, people might be able to give you some advice.
  3. www.lights2you.com.au

www.lights2you.com.au New Member

Thanks your reply. Is it good for me to promote the website with some linking articles?
  4. TheGoldenGoose

TheGoldenGoose Well-Known Member

Oh hi there! I love a good lighting store (renovator).

Do you know what makes you different from any other lighting store? (USP)

Do you have a brand story?

What makes your business your business? Does it have a personality? What sort of experience do you want a customer to have? What do you want them to feel?
  5. SmartBizBlog

SmartBizBlog Member

I would be happy to help where I can with this. Send me a PM to discuss.
  6. SavvySME

SavvySME Active Member

Hi,

Just a few initial points. If you are in this kind of category of product online you may want to consider having a lot of images on your websites.

For furniture and such products people usually love to see the item first and wouldn't not want to buy it blindly. A good idea is maybe if you can at least get a mock show room for people to pick up from can make a huge difference, even if its not pretty and just your office.

In addition make sure you are very specific with the dimensions of your product so people can measure how it fits into their home.

Good luck!

Thanks for reading,

Wendy
  7. Blue Jet

Blue Jet Active Member

Hi,

Your website is a great looking website.
    Getting in touch with your local builders, electricians and introducing your products to them by living behind a brochure of yours, a special offer/discount or a business card etc is a good start to get your products known by commercial companies.

If you like to get your website across domestics, you can distribute around 8,494 flyers/brochure to Seven Hills just to get the word out. (that's how many houses are in Kings Langley, Lalor Park, Seven Hills, Seven Hills West)

All the best,
  8. Divert To Mobile

Divert To Mobile Well-Known Member

Im not sure what image of business size you are trying to portray but I would take my mobile off the contact page.

Steve
  9. Cat - GLC

Cat - GLC Active Member

Nice looking website. Easy to navigate around.

Maybe look at events such as building expo's, maybe linking up with a few builders warehouses that sell to the public as well as trade but don't sell lights and you could do some cross promotional stuff.

Just my 2 cents.

Cat :)
  10. Corey

Corey Member

Networking with peak industry bodies is effective, e.g, Building & Construction, Building Maintenance and Energy saving organisations.

First step is exposure.

Cheers
    Corey
  11. JaneB

JaneB Active Member

The first thing I looked for was information on the returns policy but I couldn't find it.

As a renovator - the one thing which prevents me from buying stuff online is not being able to see the item first. When you get it - it's often not quite right and you want to return or exchange it. To mitigate the risk of buying sight unseen an online dealer needs to have a clear and customer friendly return or exchange policy.

For example:Last month I wanted quite a few lights (about $900 worth) from an online dealer in Sydney so tested it out by buying just one. The light which arrived took a different kind of globe to what was stated on the website. When I tried to exchange it I got someone who could not speak English and either couldn't help or deliberately made out he couldn't help.

End of buying lights from him.

If you going sell lights online - make sure that you don't lose people before you hook them as regular customers. And make sure whoever answers the phone speaks excellent English. Oh - and make sure you know the laws about returns and exchanges.
  12. Shaukat Adam (Khalid)

Shaukat Adam (Khalid) Well-Known Member

either you invest in becoming a direct marketer or hire one that guarantees results.

this kind of question cannot be addressed on the forum because it's too broad and requires customised advice.

dont make the mistake of other businesses and leave little to no money for marketing. i see this alot. too much money is spent on fittings, lease, stock, staff, systems, etc and not enough on generating high quality leads.

all the best.
  13. wickstim

wickstim New Member

Hi TGG, at what stage of a start up is it most advantageous to consult a branding expert?
  14. jeanmaddocks

jeanmaddocks Guest

Also let previous customers have a review or comment on your service, that will make your business more credible.
  15. Mrs Fox

Mrs Fox Member

I suggest that you also include trade shows and conventions in your b2b marketing campaign, like the upcoming BuildGreen Expo and Grand Designs Live in Melbourne
  16. Shane Walker

Shane Walker Active Member

Hi lights2you! It’s Shane Walker here.

In regards to marketing your business, the first thing you need to do is find out where your target market hangs out. Then, find an appropriate method to target that particular market.

My suggestion would be to go for SEO and do some research on which are the keywords that people are searching for in relation to your products and then, target those.

A good example of how to do this is to use the tool Market Samurai which can be downloaded for free at our site, http://rapidseoexpert.com.au/. If you would like help in working out the best ways to target with any sort of online advertising, feel free to message me and I will immediately get back to you.

Kindest regards,
  17. tonyk

tonyk Well-Known Member

Have a social media presence and connect with others.