1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

A note on networking events
    This area is intended primarily for general discussions about effective networking.

However, inevitably, individual networking events and networking organisations will be discussed. Please be aware our guidelines are clear on blatant promotion…this is not the place to flog tickets or to advertise events or workshops (even free ones) that are staged primarily to promote your business.

That said we acknowledge that the community benefits from hearing about relevant, professional networking groups and occasionally, particular events. With this in mind we're happy to consider a one-post promotion of a specific event in the ‘Networking events’ area below that clearly outlines its name, location, audience profile and any membership fees.

If your event post is too long (over 200 words) or deemed to be a blatant ticket sales drive - where your interests appear better served than the audience - the post will be removed. Once the date of events has passed, we reserve the right to remove posts.

To help posts get found, we suggest the following title format: [State/suburb:], [Event title and date]
    ie: QLD Burleigh Heads: Social media event, 24 Nov

Networking and Jelly

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Rachel Reeves, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Rachel Reeves

Rachel Reeves Member

Just wondering whether anyone here has worked at a Jelly before?

"What’s Jelly?

Jelly's a casual work event where everyone's invited. It's for anyone who'd like to work alongside other creative people in a welcome environment.

Some Jellies are in people's homes (that's how it started) others are in coffee shops and businesses. You bring your laptop and some work, and Jelly provides wifi, a chair, and smart people to bounce ideas off of and collaborate with."
    wiki.workatjelly.com

I haven't but are very curious about them...
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. Adam Randall

Adam Randall Member

Wobble wobble:)
  3. MissieK

MissieK Member

I haven't heard of it before, but it does sound interesting.

Melissa
  4. Rachel Reeves

Rachel Reeves Member

Lol Adam :)
  5. Astrid

Astrid Active Member

Hi Rachel

Never heard of it before - it sounds fun.
    But as I don't use a laptop but a large desktop computer it wouldn't work for me. And I also work better when alone and without distractions.

Although - it might be ok at concept stage or when brainstorming.

Thanks for the link.

Merry Christmas to all of you
    Astrid