1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

Flying Solo loves Meetups! Face-to-face, small group meetups are fabulous for soloists, we've even written our very own Flying Solo Guide to Meetups. To Find or Launch a Meetup in your area, take a look through this section or head straight to our page on Meetup.com and dive in!

Flying Solo Meetups

NOTE: If you’re already an organiser on Meetup.com or intend to launch a group, just add Flying Solo as one of your topics to appear on our page and benefit from our promotion of your Meetup.

New Business Networking in East Burwood

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Blp_Sales, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Blp_Sales

Blp_Sales Member

Hi All,

I am after expressions of interest for a new networking group in East Burwood, Victoria. I would like to limit this to 6, so that we can properly network, discuss ideas, strategies and challenges etc.

At this stage, I am thinking a Tuesday or Thursday morning at 7AM, over a coffee for an hour, and held fortnightly. I will supply the office and the coffee :)

Please note - there is absolutely no cost for this, and the idea is that we all benefit through the sharing of ideas, networking and contacts.

If you are interested, please PM me with your preferred day, and the industry you are in. Obviously we will limit it to one business per industry. First in best dressed, and looking to start as soon as we have enough people to make it worthwhile.

BLP
  2. MatthewKeath

MatthewKeath Well-Known Member

I'm in. I am in Mount Waverly so it's just around the corner.
  3. tashastowell

tashastowell New Member

I'm definitely keen but I have 3 small children and my hubby leaves for work at 6am so I could only do Wednesdays or Fridays after 9:30am when they're in childcare or school.
  4. Sandmansim

Sandmansim New Member

That sounds great I am in Burwood, 7am is good for me, can do tues but thurs is better
  5. FS Concierge

FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,
    Just a note to let you know that I've moved this thread over here to the VIC meet-ups section, which is the better place for it, and should make it easier to find.

Hope you all have a nice catch-up :)
    Jayne
  6. Chris Brodie

Chris Brodie Member

Yes I would like to join, Thursday would be the preferred day.

Regards,
  7. Sysopsupp

Sysopsupp New Member

Hi

I am interested as well, also I would prefer Friday mornings.

www.sysop.com.au
  8. Blp_Sales

Blp_Sales Member

Hi All,

Just to keep you in the loop - and thanks for your responses.

This is still something that is very much a priority for us, but until we get enough numbers on the one morning, it isn't worth going ahead.

Once we get 6 - I will contact everyone!

Ben
  9. FS Concierge

Hi Ben,

In our experience watching many meet-up groups form, it tends to work best if someone nominates a specific date, rather than trying to gain consensus and making a decision from there.

So, I'd suggest choosing a time and place that suits you, and then people will be more likely to commit, or to let you know whether that time will never be suitable for them. (If you decide to do that, we'll give it a plug on Facebook and Twitter for you).

In general, we've found that meet-ups tend to have more traction when they're held inside business hours and away from school pick-up times.

It might be worthwhile proceeding even if you don't get six people the first time, as sometimes these things take a little while to build up.

Have fun with it :)
    Jayne
  10. Hayley@TipiKata

Hayley@TipiKata New Member

Hi, Really interested in catching up with local soloists. I'm from Ashburton and either Tues or Thur morning works for me. Cheers Hayley

11. Pegz001

Pegz001 New Member

I'm in Ashburton and interested in this group. Can't do Wed or Fri because I'm on-site with clients those days - but flexible other days.
    Peggy
  12. Snooksie

Snooksie New Member

Hello!

I'm in Burwood East and interested to contribute to the group. Is it up and running yet?

Steuart Snooks
    Email Strategist

13. Pegz001

Pegz001 New Member

Has this group progressed. I'm a professional writer and keen to join.
    www.researcheditwrite.com.au
  14. crimsonleaf

crimsonleaf New Member

Hi, I'm in Ashwood and would be keen to join. Tues or Thurs works for me but would prefer it be during business hours.
    Catherine
  15. FS Concierge

Hi all,

In our experience with these meet-ups, people become more likely to commit once someone takes the initiative and suggests a specific time and place to meet.

So, if any of you are super keen, we'd recommend that someone choose a time, place and location that suits them, and then see whether anyone others are also happy with that time. If they're not, you can always choose another one together.

The most popular meet-ups tend to be those that are held outside of peak hour and school drop off times (lunch and mid-morning seem to work well), and are in locations where parking is easy. I'd also recommend that you avoid public and school holidays.

Once you've settled on a date, we'll give it a plug for you on Facebook and twitter and in our friday newsletter.

Hope you meet some fabulous folk.
    Jayne
  16. kathiemt

kathiemt Well-Known Member

I'd be interested but don't know the Burwood East area so can't suggested a suitable venue. Was pleased to see Steuart has popped in above and hope he comes back again. I've known him for awhile.
  17. Chris Brodie

Chris Brodie Member

Hi, how does Thursday 11th October suit (1st week back at school) at say 1230pm for a relaxed, casual lunch?

I don't know of any possible venues in the East Burwood area either. I can suggest the Eating House cafe in Rowville (Wellington Rd, 5 mins from the East Link Wellington Rd exit or less than 10 from the SE exit) as an option for the initial meet up and I guess we can then discuss an ongoing venue then.

If someone can suggest a venue in East Burwood before, please feel free to do so. It will be nice to simply meet some fellow soloists.

Has anyone heard from the OP??
  18. kathiemt

kathiemt Well-Known Member

Rowville sounds good. 11th October too (day before my birthday :)).
  19. cokele

cokele Member

Hi. I am located at Mt Waverley. I am happy to do at 7am just before I start working at 8.30.
  20. Justina Ngu

Justina Ngu New Member

Hi Chris,

I'm interested to meet up with fellow soloist too. The time and venue you suggested suit me well. Thank you.