1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

‘Community Reviews’: How things work around here.
    We invite you to canvas the views of the community on your OWN website, business idea, strategy or concept. If the community likes what you’re doing they’ll tell you. The opposite is also true, so be brave!

The more effort you put into your post, the more meaningful the feedback will be. For this reason, please ‘copy and paste’ the following questions into your post, along with your responses:
    1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

Note to reviewers: Always remember the Golden Rule of these forums: R-E-S-P-E-C-T. If you have nothing constructive to say, don’t say it, and when being critical, be polite. Constructive criticism is welcomed. Destructive criticism, rudeness and anything outside the community guidelines will be removed with offenders risking a ban.

New website

Discussion in 'Community reviews' started by LLawns, Aug 10, 2012.

1. LLawns

LLawns New Member

Hi everyone.

I set up a website for my business and I seek for more feedback.

1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    Website.
    2. What does your business do?
    We provide lawn, garden care and property maintenance services.
    3. Who is your target market?
    Private and commercial clients. Also development companies for display homes.
    4. What specific concerns do you have?
    I'm looking for a simple friendly and welcoming website. Also do I need more photos? Need to shout out that we provide high quality service to meet the customers satisfaction.

The website is currently free but the website address was purchased before the website was set up.

Any feedback welcome!

www.lovelylawns.com.au

Cheers
    Danny
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. MatthewKeath

MatthewKeath Well-Known Member

Hi Danny,

Do you have the site address so we can review it?
    1 person likes this.
  3. Blue Jet

Blue Jet Active Member

Hi Danny,

What is the website address that needs reviewing?

Thanks,
    Joey
  4. LLawns

LLawns New Member

5. Zava Design

Zava Design Well-Known Member

It looks more like a blog than a business/service site. Which is fine if you're going to blog about lovely lawns, but I'd revise it a little if you're wanting to sell a service.
  6. IncredibleCo

IncredibleCo Active Member

Hi Danny,

I think your website is heading in the wrong direction. You need an objective: What is it you want from your website? Once you've got that, think - how are you going to get it.

Best of luck to you - Phil.
  7. ozman

ozman Guest

Just add a little bit of contact and services info on main page will make it look more meaningful.
    On the first look , I couldn't tell if you are providing services or is it just a blog.
  8. marketingweb

marketingweb Active Member

Just wanted to politely disagree with the above.
    I've built a website a couple years ago for a lawn mowing client at http://www.twincitylawnmowing.com.au and ranked it high for all key terms related to the local market.

This client tends to get a LOT of enquiries from their website, particularly the contact form.

The contact from tends to attract a better class of client who want bigger things done and are planning in advance, which is ideal for a lawn mowing business, rather than people who call who often want it done "now". Most people aren't silly enough to think a lawn mowing guy will reply in 5 minutes, so just make sure you reply at the end of the day.

Overall your website isn't the most amazing ever, but it honestly doesn't need to be - just by having one that's clear and professional with contact details is a step ahead of most.

Some suggestions:
    1) Learn what Title Tags and Meta Description Tags are, and fix yours, including adding your location - so you have a much better chance of being found online. Read Here for info.

2) Redo your gallery - it doesn't present very well.

3) You have testimonials on the sides of some pages, and then again under "More". "More" isn't a good menu item full stop, but with only one submenu it makes no sense - suspect you have done this because testimonials was too long and you didn't know how to change the theme to fit your menu items. I say remove it completely and just have them showing on the main pages.

4) EVERY page should have a list of suburbs or cities you service - for your sort of business this is critical, and will help with SEO as well. Sure it's on the home page, but it's not on the About Us page for example which makes no sense, nor the services or contact page.

5) Get an email that isn't gmail - it's not professional.

6) If you can afford it, get a logo done - the plain green text up the top doesn't look overly professional.

Hope this helps,
    Matt
  9. Divert To Mobile

Divert To Mobile Well-Known Member

Hi Danny,

I see you offer pensioner discounts. This would mean your interested in their business. I think make the font on the entire site a fraction bigger and see how it looks, if it doesnt look silly keep it so that the site is easier for pensioners to read.

Steve
  10. vilson

vilson Active Member

I think website looks need to be change to Green as Your Business is Related to lawns.
  11. tonyk

tonyk Well-Known Member

Very hard to make a website look professional when the primary colour is green in my opinion.