1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

Public Liability Insurance Question

Discussion in 'Starting a business' started by NickMorris, Jan 9, 2012.

1. NickMorris

NickMorris Active Member

I'm thinking of starting a business that would organise song and dance flashmobs in public places for businesses. I'm just wondering whether I would need public liability insurance or other insurance for this sort of thing and how much it might cost.

This is what an event might look like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoMSCuid_Ec

Thanks
  2. EmbalmSkincare

EmbalmSkincare Active Member

hi there,

I would assume that you'd need at least public liability insurance. If someone at one of your events trips over something... you should cover yourself but also, the council requires a certificate of insurance otherwise they won't let you have an event anywhere.

Not sure how much it would cost though.

Good luck!

Regards,
    Mel
  3. tonyk

tonyk Well-Known Member

i would suggest checking out imar.com.au - great value for money.
  4. 19606#deleted

19606#deleted Banned

Hey,

You would TOTALLY need PL insurance and it's probably not going to be cheap ebcause you work at different locations with hundreds of people. I use a broker called I H Group. I was quoted up to $695 for my business by the mainstream places but IH Group goes through B2B insurers that insure based on individual risks rather than the retail blanket approach to insurance. I pay $128 a year for the same coverage as AAMI, NRMA and all the others that wanted $500 plus