1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Public Liability Insurance Question

Discussion in 'Starting your journey' started by NickMorris, Jan 9, 2012.

1. NickMorris

NickMorris Active Member

I'm thinking of starting a business that would organise song and dance flashmobs in public places for businesses. I'm just wondering whether I would need public liability insurance or other insurance for this sort of thing and how much it might cost.

This is what an event might look like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoMSCuid_Ec

Thanks
  2. EmbalmSkincare

EmbalmSkincare Active Member

hi there,

I would assume that you'd need at least public liability insurance. If someone at one of your events trips over something... you should cover yourself but also, the council requires a certificate of insurance otherwise they won't let you have an event anywhere.

Not sure how much it would cost though.

Good luck!

Regards,
    Mel
  3. tonyk

tonyk Well-Known Member

i would suggest checking out imar.com.au - great value for money.
  4. 19606#deleted

19606#deleted Banned

Hey,

You would TOTALLY need PL insurance and it's probably not going to be cheap ebcause you work at different locations with hundreds of people. I use a broker called I H Group. I was quoted up to $695 for my business by the mainstream places but IH Group goes through B2B insurers that insure based on individual risks rather than the retail blanket approach to insurance. I pay $128 a year for the same coverage as AAMI, NRMA and all the others that wanted $500 plus