1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

reach professional development

Discussion in 'New member? Introduce yourself.' started by reachpd, Apr 8, 2009.

1. reachpd

reachpd New Member

Hi All,

After 18 years in Corporate land, I was given an opportunity to break free of the shackles and start my own business.

I have always had a passion for motivating others, and training and facilitation. reach professional development was born to give others the skills neccessary to reach their potential, and achieve personal and business success.

The training programs I offer are Brian Tracy developed programs, and they cover time management, sales, leadership and personal development topics.

I have been at it for just over a month, so I am at the very early stages, but at least I am on the way. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community, and hopefully contributing some professional development articles down the track.

Greg
  2. allcreative

allcreative Member

Welcome to the forums Greg!

18 years is a long time, but now you are free!! Well, sort of :)

Good luck with your business.

Cheers,
    Joel
  3. Sally McIntyre

Sally McIntyre New Member

Hi Greg,

Welcome to Flying Solo! Hope you are enjoying your new direction. Your website looks great and I like how you have added the Google calendar!

thanks, Sally
  4. reachpd

reachpd New Member

Thanks Sally and Joel.

The google calendar is a Joomla plugin (I think). It seems to work pretty well. and it's easy to update. I appreciate the feedback on the site.

Greg
  5. Renee Barber

Renee Barber Member

Hi Greg

I agree with Sally that your website looks great! I'm viewing it in Firefox so it may just be me, but I'd really like to see a sweet favicon rather than the standard Joomla one, but that's a fairly minor point since the rest of it is so inviting. If there isn't a favicon and you need one, this site is pretty good for generating them: http://www.favicon.cc.

I'll definitely look forward to reading some professional development articles as in the hurly-burly of daily business activities, it's easy to lose focus.
  6. reachpd

reachpd New Member

Thanks for the link Renee. I now have a favicon. I have given to the web guy to upload. Hopefully in the next couple of days you'll see it.

I will redo the reachlogo as well. It doesn't fit the look and feel of the page. Techies do not always make the best design people...

Greg
  7. Renee Barber

Renee Barber Member

Good on you, Greg. Sometimes it's about the little touches.
  8. LeelaCosgrove

LeelaCosgrove Member

Welcome Greg!

I'm a HUGE fan of Brian's work ... I would say he's probably the person who has the biggest influence on my sales career (okay ... second biggest ... my husband being the first!).

Look forward to seeing you around the forums!

Leela
  9. mexham

mexham Member

hmm, it's late, and i'm a bit blind, but I couldn't see a website address for you Greg? Would like to check out your site.

Always try and promote your site, use the signature option on forum boards, and on all your emails. You be surprised how many website hits you get from forum boards. They are very useful for this along with the discussion and content your read.
  10. reachpd

reachpd New Member

Thanks Leela,
    I'm really enjoying it - it's a great business to be in - helping people achieve more than they thought they could.

Thanks mexham. I have fixed it now (I think). I hadn't set up my signature on this forum. I agree, my email sig has everything in it, but I hadn't set it up here yet.
    Thanks for the reminder.

Greg