1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

Should I start an import/export company??

Discussion in 'Logistics' started by Rew, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Rew

Rew New Member

I am considering starting an import/export company in Australia to export cars and utes to Canada and classic cars from Canada to Australia. At either destination theses cars would be sold privately. I would also only expect to do 6 cars per year from each country.

Would I need to set up a company in order to do this?

Andrew
  2. Kennethti

Kennethti Well-Known Member

Have you talked to an accountant about this?
    1 person likes this.
  3. Chris - Marketing

Chris - Marketing Active Member

Obviously u have established there is a market for this. Initially your primary concern will be insurance indemnity in both countries. With litigation ripe make sure this base is covered.

I know for sure that there r companies that advertise in car magazines that import from the United States for $3000.00 hassle free.

Cheers
    Chris Poulios

www.satisfaction-marketing.com.au
    www.webthreads.com.au
  4. MH08

MH08 Active Member

Obviously you know what your doing, because 7 or more cars year and you'll have to apply for a dealers licence.

I also know from my partner that brings in classic cars that some can only dream of, that its a tax free income, IF you get it working, remember that its another product that is very difficult to pre-sell, the people that look to purchase classic cars, scrutineer is greatly before purchasing.

Do you have alot of experience in the builds of classic cars?

I may be able to point you in the right direction if you have buyers for particular cars.