1. Important: Please read our guidelines and tips for new players before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics.

‘Community Reviews’: How things work around here.
    We invite you to canvas the views of the community on your OWN website, business idea, strategy or concept. If the community likes what you’re doing they’ll tell you. The opposite is also true, so be brave!

The more effort you put into your post, the more meaningful the feedback will be. For this reason, please ‘copy and paste’ the following questions into your post, along with your responses:
    1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

Note to reviewers: Always remember the Golden Rule of these forums: R-E-S-P-E-C-T. If you have nothing constructive to say, don’t say it, and when being critical, be polite. Constructive criticism is welcomed. Destructive criticism, rudeness and anything outside the community guidelines will be removed with offenders risking a ban.

website review please

Discussion in 'Community reviews' started by Divert To Mobile, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Divert To Mobile

Divert To Mobile Well-Known Member

2. DarianCulbert

DarianCulbert Member

It looks nice and I can get what you are offering right away! So congratulations on your website!

Some of my personal ideas only:

- Should have some more pictures, especially on the homepage!
    - Change the font of the words maybe a little bit smaller or more professional. I am not good at this much but just give you a thought!

Hope this helps!
    Darian
  3. spinninghill

spinninghill Active Member

Nice business idea. Very neat. Have you been operating long?

I like the site for the main. It's very to the point and easy to navigate.

Now the but.. That is me. I like a no fuss website that is intuitive to navigate etc. However I agree with Darian in that many people may prefer to see some pictures etc..

So I'm sitting on the fence. For me, I think the site is spot on. For others (Who may or may not be the majority), I think it may need a bit more white space, a few more images, and a few less words.

Hope it helps......
  4. Divert To Mobile

Thanks for the comments so far,

I agree it needs a bit of bling factor but nothing scary. Planing to have a virtual presenters to chat away to the visitor - but still trying to figure out the technicalities and no script yet. If a graphics person can make a simple illustration that shows the consept visually I'll buy it.

The service has been up for about 4 years - could be more
  5. My Wedding Concierge

My Wedding Concierge Active Member

Hey there I'm going to give you a review purely from a design perspective. The positives are that your website displayed fine with no errors, it's nice and neat and east to navigate.

The negative is that it's very very boring to look at. It's not a huge deal and is easily fixed with these simple steps...

- Change the font that you're using for the links, and also the paragraph headings... I get that this is probably a technical service you're offering people, but it shouldn't be presented that way. It should look easy, breezy, and friendly so people are like "oh yeah divert to mobile, that's simple stuff" and they'll be more inclined to make enquiries with you.
    At the moment that font gives it a feeling of being complicated, hard edged, and a little bit unfriendly. It looks like you need to be smart in order to get it to work.

- There's way too much text. I hate reading through large blocks of text, and statistically speaking so does everybody else on the planet... So break it up with some nice images or diagrams that help explain (and sell) what you're offering in an attractive manner.

- You need a stronger call to action... I saw in the rates page that you've got some kind of introductory offer? Well then you should design up a really attractive looking thing that goes on the front page so that it's the first thing people see when they get to the site! When they land on your site they should be like "oh sweet 25% off call diversions" or whatever it might be...

If you can introduce some more visuals like the pictures / diagrams / and an attractive call to action banner or something, it'll break up the information, and also will break up the overly blue theme you've got going on.

The blue is nice and calming, but the problem is that it's all blue and white right now, so it looks like of sterile and cold, like an operating theater or something, and that's not helping create a friendly vibe either.

So there you go, a couple of extremely easy things to work on there, and if you can get them done right you'll take your website from on that is neat and a little bit dull, from a site that's exciting, and instantly compelling for anyone who visits!

Good luck with it all! :D
  6. My Wedding Concierge

My Wedding Concierge Active Member

Sorry just read your comment on this... Absolutely DO NOT have some virtual person who walks on the screen and starts chatting with customers.

Having any kind of media which auto-plays is a definite no-no... And those virtual people reading scripts always end up making a website look tacky. Do yourself a favour and avoid it.
    2 people like this.
  7. MatthewKeath

MatthewKeath Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have a few points, some which have been mentioned already, so sorry for repeating...

1. No call to action. Vital
    2. Way too much text.
    3. Not one image on the entire site?
    4. Poor font choice - not professional and makes the site look out of date.

From a design prospective

1. Too much blue gradient. Makes the site look washed out.
    2. Drop shadows on the title is not needed.
    3. What is you logo? Does not seem relevant to your business.

Your tagline is 'Could your business benefit by looking bigger?' To me, your website says 'small'
    1 person likes this.
  8. DavidM

DavidM Active Member

Agree with feedback. Plus can you really say 'This is the only product specifically designed to assist small business owners with a telecommunications solution for their businesses.' Not sure this is true given that virtual offices give you a landline number that can be routed to any other number.

Also, 'recieve' on the features page.

And your application form needs branding and some sort of introduction. It's not ideal that the pty company listed has a different name from direct to mobile. Infact, I wouldn't have this on your website. I would email this to clients after their initial contact.

Good luck,
  9. Divert To Mobile

I totally agree with less text its was huge in draft 1 then I trimmed it right down, then gradually Ive been adding again - there is so much to say.
    Which is why i was thinking the virtual presenters - but hear me out. For example - less text for each feature and a link reading "click here for full desctiption" which pops the presenter up and tells you rather than reading.

DavidM, thanks for the heads up on teh typo - and fixed :)
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  10. DavidM

DavidM Active Member

It's faster to read than listen. People skim read, click back and forth, then return to points that they want to re-read, for clarification. They can't do this with a video. It will actually reduce customers.

Plus it's counter to normal site browsing behaviour. And not everyone has their volume turned on, especially if they're browsing at work/ during transit.

Personally, I give more credibility to things written down. If you really want video, perhaps show both - text and the option to listen to someone talk.
  11. Divert To Mobile

I like the idea of the option of both.
    Thanks David