Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Money matters

Online Invoice Post Company?

Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 10-12-10
Forum newcomer

Default Online Invoice Post Company?

Hello,

I run a small home business but finding I am spending more time traveling to the local post office to post invoices than working.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a company that I can upload my invoice list for the month and it will be printed, placed into an envelope branded with my company logo and posted?

Example:
1) Sign into Invoice company website.
2) Upload invoice list (via csv, xml, pdf ect.)
3) On customer "X" billing date of "Y" the invoice will be printed, packed and posted.
4) Rinse and repeat each month.

I am not too fussed on the price, long as its reasonable as it will be passed directly onto the customer who requests a paper form of invoicing.
But am looking for Australian company as most customers are located in Australia.

Thank You,
Misty

#2 (Link to this post)  
Old 10-12-10
Forum fanatic

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile View Member's Google+ Profile
Default Re: Online Invoice Post Company?

Hi Misty,

Welcome to Flying Solo.

To help others who may be able to offer you some advice, can you tell us a little about the quantities involved?

And is it all done as one run (e.g. end of month), or staggered through the month?

Thanks, I hope you find the suggestions you need.
Jayne

I'm also a small business marketing consultant and copywriter, and Chief Tree Hugger at Tribe of the Tree flower essences.
  #3 (Link to this post)  
Old 10-12-10
Forum regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhys
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile

Hi Misty,

Further to Jayne's questions, how do you raise your invoices? Do you use an accounting solution? Is emailing invoices to clients an option? Most of the available software - desktop or cloud - will let you generate invoices as pdf and email direct to clients, very efficient delivery, you don't have to drive to the post office to do it!

The rest of what you ask for in your post is not difficult - upload invoices (or use "repeating invoices") is very easy to do with Xero (which is the solution I most usually recommend), or with various other solutions. From there if you do want to deliver invoices hard copy there are lots of service providers who offer print / mail services (just google "print / mail services", you'll be spoilt for choice), but hard to suggest if this is a viable option without knowing things like invoice volume & timing.

Good luck with this,

Cheers, Rhys

#4 (Link to this post)  
Old 10-12-10
Forum regular

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile

It seems every time someone has an invoicing question I mention Freshbooks!

Freshbooks has a 'Snail Mail' option, where you can choose how your clients want to receive invoices either by Snail mail, or by email.. they will also print the invoices with your logo and do it automatically for you each month.

Check out freshbooks here - http://www.freshbooks.com (referrer link - share the love ) and check out the Snail Mail features here - http://www.freshbooks.com/ground-mail.php

#5 (Link to this post)  
Old 10-12-10
Forum regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by exstatic View Post
It seems every time someone has an invoicing question I mention Freshbooks!

Freshbooks has a 'Snail Mail' option, where you can choose how your clients want to receive invoices either by Snail mail, or by email.. they will also print the invoices with your logo and do it automatically for you each month.

Check out freshbooks here - http://www.freshbooks.com (referrer link - share the love ) and check out the Snail Mail features here - http://www.freshbooks.com/ground-mail.php
I have to second this. I don't use it currently, but it IS a pretty awesome solution.

bergan blue - smart websites and online stores for the micro and small business owner.
  #6 (Link to this post)  
Old 11-12-10
Forum devotee

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile

Hi Misty,

I would be happy to be of service here. Please feel free to contact me with your specific details. To give you an basic idea, we take files, print them, fold them and stuff into the envelope, we can print return address onto the envelope and post them through Australia Post, for a total cost of $0.90 + GST per letter (this includes all Australia Post costs, so nothing else to pay)

The easiest method would be to recieve your files in PDF form, but we can certainly talk about other methods too.

Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,
Carl
0424 086 015

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Money matters