Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Need a resource? Got a good referral?

Sports writers wanted

Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 04-08-12
Forum regular

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile
Default Sports writers wanted

Hey all,

I'm working on a new site at the moment; now that SmartBizBlog is traveling largely autonomously.

I'm looking for semi-volunteer sports writers. What I mean by semi-volunteer is; I can afford to pay, but not a lot. Neither this site (as it's not done, or SmartBizBlog make money) - so I fund this off my own back.

Ideally, this would suit someone looking to build a portfolio of work for the future. It's not ghost writing - you will be a face on the site, and you will interact with the readers.

The mission is simple - either choose a specific sporting event (say the Tahiti Pro) or an entire season (e.g. Cricket over the summer) - and report on it. If you choose a competition, you must report on each day; as well as your predictions for the quarter/semi/finals. If you choose a whole tour or season, you will report weekly, with your predictions for the following week.

The target audience is men aged 25-40, educated and intelligent. If you, or someone you know might be interested in this, please send me a PM and I'll supply my email address to pass on.

Hopefully, I can get the ball rolling on this soon

#2 (Link to this post)  
Old 05-09-12
Forum newcomer

Default Re: Sports writers wanted

I'm interested in knowing more. How would the reporting go if I am to cover the NBA for the season and playoffs? Is it going to be a cover on all the teams?

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Need a resource? Got a good referral?