Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > New member? Introduce yourself.

Hi from Strategic Outsourcing Solutions

Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 29-06-12
Forum newcomer

Default Hi from Strategic Outsourcing Solutions

Hi guys,

I am new here so hello to all! I am looking forward to sharing ideas, contacts and success stories with all of you.

Strategic Outsourcing Solutions (www.strategicoutsourcingsolutions.com.au) is, as the name suggests, an Outsourcing business which helps businesses utilise the power of Outsourcing offshore. We have years of experience and a load of contacts overseas which we draw on to provide quality services at affordable prices.

We are based in Sydney, travelling regularly to the key regions to ensure our partners are on top of things.

Our services vary greatly but the majority of our clients come to us looking for Graphic Design, Call Centre work, Data Entry & Web Development.

Anyway enough about me, thanks for having me, let me know if I can be of assistance and I will throw in my 2c worth here and there where approprtiate - thanks!

#2 (Link to this post)  
Old 29-06-12
Forum regular

Default Re: Hi from Strategic Outsourcing Solutions

I don't think everyone automatically thinks of overseas when discussing outsourcing. It makes sense to think of overseas outsourcing, but it's not quite automatic at the moment. Maybe it will become so, maybe it won't. I guess it very much depends on the Australian wage and the quality of overseas services.

Personally I think the Australian wage is too high, and the standard of overseas services to be very good. I think you're in the right business.

I deal in recruitment and liaise with too many juniors seeking higher salaries than those well into their career. And some of them get it too. Not from our clients, mind you.

#3 (Link to this post)  
Old 30-06-12
Administrator

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Twitter Profile View Member's pinterest Profile

Hi there, and welcome to the forums!

You could consider adding a signature (via the Control Panel in the top left) so folks can see what you do at a glance.

Here's hoping you'll enjoy the interaction within the forum.

Cheers,

Sam on behalf of the FS team

www.flyingsolo.com.au
  #4 (Link to this post)  
Old 02-07-12
Forum newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@Verve Recruitment View Post
I don't think everyone automatically thinks of overseas when discussing outsourcing. It makes sense to think of overseas outsourcing, but it's not quite automatic at the moment. Maybe it will become so, maybe it won't. I guess it very much depends on the Australian wage and the quality of overseas services.

Personally I think the Australian wage is too high, and the standard of overseas services to be very good. I think you're in the right business.

I deal in recruitment and liaise with too many juniors seeking higher salaries than those well into their career. And some of them get it too. Not from our clients, mind you.
Thanks David, I agree - thanks for the positive comments. We also supply onshore options, however the trend is definitely heading offshore. The quality is at an all time high and technology now allows business communication to be almost seamless. We have actually been talking to a few recruitment companies placing some admin staff for them, if you have any positions that come across your desk that could be outsourced, maybe message me and we can work out some arrangement - thanks again

www.strategicoutsourcingsolutions.com.au
  #5 (Link to this post)  
Old 02-07-12
Forum newcomer

Hi & welcome.

I think there are definitely legs to your idea. 10 years ago I implemented a huge offshore outsourcing (offshoring) project in Australia when I worked in a consulting firm. The idea took over 2 years to germinate. Happy to say project went well and still going well. The bonus was not just the cost advantage but calibre of people (tertiary qualified) they were able to attract.

Experience on that project suggest that the scope of work needs to be well defined prior to sending offshore. However, this should be the principle regardless of whether the outsourcing is on or offshore.

Since then, whenever I have discussed this with other clients, there are the usual objections - quality, the desire to do (or be seen to do) the Australian thing amongst them. The former can be overcomed by providing examples of work. Even though I have seen it work, I would not send any of my work out unless I have seen evidence of consistency and quality. This is particularly true of any work that may end up in front of a client (eg desktop publishing).

Good luck
abcvic

Last edited by ABC; 02-07-12 at 08:51 AM.
  #6 (Link to this post)  
Old 02-07-12
Forum regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Gavin_S
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile

Love the name :-)
I think you're setting up a fantastic business, there's no doubt that more and more businesses are coming around to the idea of global outsourcing.
I sometimes hire people overseas for small projects (data entry type roles) and it's worked really well for me. The biggest challenge is obviously the quality and reliability of remote staff, which is where you obviously fit in.
I will certainly keep you in mind for the future.
Cheers,

Gavin

#7 (Link to this post)  
Old 02-07-12
Forum newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC View Post
Hi & welcome.

I think there are definitely legs to your idea. 10 years ago I implemented a huge offshore outsourcing (offshoring) project in Australia when I worked in a consulting firm. The idea took over 2 years to germinate. Happy to say project went well and still going well. The bonus was not just the cost advantage but calibre of people (tertiary qualified) they were able to attract.

Experience on that project suggest that the scope of work needs to be well defined prior to sending offshore. However, this should be the principle regardless of whether the outsourcing is on or offshore.

Since then, whenever I have discussed this with other clients, there are the usual objections - quality, the desire to do (or be seen to do) the Australian thing amongst them. The former can be overcomed by providing examples of work. Even though I have seen it work, I would not send any of my work out unless I have seen evidence of consistency and quality. This is particularly true of any work that may end up in front of a client (eg desktop publishing).

Good luck
abcvic
Thanks for your comments. You are exactly right & people are starting to come round to the idea..... When businesses do make the switch the savings can be huge, we helped 1 business save $1.5 million last year - whilst increasing their performance! Also, examples of work are definitely a powerful tool to get people over the line. We have actually been offering a free trial to our potential clients, so they can feel the water - it works well, considering it removes all risk (for the client)

Regarding the tertiary qualification - this is something I find myself quoting daily.... In Australia the average Call Centre agent is 23 years old and has 4 years high school education, in The Philippines as an example, the average Call Centre agent is 23 and has 4 years University education. The other major difference is that in The Philippines, working in a Call Centre is a prestigious job that the employee can be proud of... quite different to Australia unfortunately.

#8 (Link to this post)  
Old 02-07-12
Forum newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvertisingRewards.com.au View Post
Love the name :-)
I think you're setting up a fantastic business, there's no doubt that more and more businesses are coming around to the idea of global outsourcing.
I sometimes hire people overseas for small projects (data entry type roles) and it's worked really well for me. The biggest challenge is obviously the quality and reliability of remote staff, which is where you obviously fit in.
I will certainly keep you in mind for the future.
Cheers,

Gavin
Thanks Gavin, we have agents ready to go when you are!

#9 (Link to this post)  
Old 02-07-12
Forum regular

Nice site and fantastic name!

Just hope you want be hiring offshore copywriters who work for $1/500 words, I''ll go bankrupt

Cheers

Nicole

Twitter: BlackCoffeeNic

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > New member? Introduce yourself.