Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > New member? Introduce yourself.

Company to company loans

Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 17-08-12
Forum newcomer

Default Company to company loans

My wife and i have two companies. I was wondering whether one company can give the other a short term loan without any messy documents having to be drawn up?

#2 (Link to this post)  
Old 17-08-12
Forum newcomer

Send a message via Skype™ to apj
View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile
Default Re: Company to company loans

Hi there,

It's always a good idea to document these things but in the real world it rarely happens.

There is a tax provision you need to watch out for which can deem loans from companies to be dividends in some situations however it doesn't apply directly to company - company loans, though can still apply indirectly.

If your lending company has retained profits and the loan isn't going to be repaid < 30/6/13 you should talk to your accountant just to make sure you don't accidentally trigger something tax-wise you didn't mean to.

Hope this helps.

Aaron

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > New member? Introduce yourself.