Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > New member? Introduce yourself.

Hi from Adelaide

Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 12-08-09
Forum newcomer

View Member's Facebook Profile
Default Hi from Adelaide

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to find as much information and opinions and views on Virtual Assistants. Flying Solo definitely seems to be one of the best resources for Australian soloists on the net, so I will be spending some time checking out what people have to say.

I'm currently looking into full-time admin work at home. I have experience in administration and call centre work through my current employer, and experience in Superannuation in particular, so I can do your contribution returns!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day (or night)! And thanks for all the information that has been put onto Flying Solo!

Chris

#2 (Link to this post)  
Old 12-08-09
Forum regular

Default Re: Hi from Adelaide

Welcome on board.

We seem to have had a short term influx of virtual assistants!

Are you up and running doing some work, or just doing some ground work getting things set up?

Visit my Blog http://www.financial-planner.com.au
  #3 (Link to this post)  
Old 13-08-09
Forum newcomer

View Member's Facebook Profile

Thanks for the reply. I am not currently set up, but am looking into all the ins and outs.

I would really appreciate some experiences from people who are doing the same thing I want to do. If you have any links or can direct me to some sites or blogs, that would be great. Just setting up as a receptionist / admin assistant from home. Perhaps some info on what equipment is essential, some information about getting loans and approaching businesses to get some work.

Also, some info on the transitional period from my full-time work now, to setting up with clients, and different arrangements that are set up with clients in that transitional time.

Thanks for your time!

Chris

#4 (Link to this post)  
Old 09-11-11
Forum newcomer

Hi Chris, there are many ways you can grow this. One way is to do some mail marketing, targeting your ideal client.

You can also do some email marketing. This is where you email directly to businesses that you think need your service.

Perhaps it might help if you write a good business plan. Let me know if you need a good tempate.

tony@appliedmarketing.com.au

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > New member? Introduce yourself.