Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > New member? Introduce yourself.

Rental property management

Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 29-03-10
Forum newcomer

Default Rental property management

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, so thought I should introduce myself. I am a busy mom who left work so I can be with my little one.

I am planning to start a rental property management service where I will provide services from finding tenants to looking aftre the property which I will do for a very reasonable price.

Your ideas, feedback on this is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sharon

#2 (Link to this post)  
Old 31-03-10
Forum newcomer

Default Re: Rental property management

Welcome to the forums Sharon.

It's amazing the amount of poorly managed property books there are on the market. Occasionally I have clients who want or need better managers for their properties. Great to see some enthusiasm in that space!

Are you going to focus on service or price?

Brent.

#3 (Link to this post)  
Old 31-03-10
Forum regular

Welcome to the forum!

Which area(s) do you service?

#4 (Link to this post)  
Old 31-03-10
Forum enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to wordmistress
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Youtube Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile

Hi Sharon

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find lots of valuable information here. No doubt you will! All the best with establishing your business.

#5 (Link to this post)  
Old 01-04-10
Forum newcomer

View Member's Facebook Profile

Hi Sharon,

I think that is a great idea. We've been in our rental for 4 and a half years and have recently been asked to move as our landlord wants to move back in and it is an absolute NIGHTMARE! I never get calls back from agents, they are never able to give me information on the property as they also view it on the inspection day! I think it's the real estate market in general is ridiculous (I'm turning 26 next week and feel like we're never going to own our own home).
As a tenant I would already much rather deal with yourself than our current agent. It got to the point that the landlord and I cut out the middle man and just contact each other directly! I know you're probably looking at landlords more than tenants at the moment but I can promise you now - a good agent means a very happy tenant which then means a very happy landlord and more work for you! Can you tell I feel passionate about this

Van
Butterfly Effect Hair Design

#6 (Link to this post)  
Old 02-04-10
Forum newcomer

Hi Guys,

Thanks heaps for the posts. I am glad to see there is so much interest in this area. I am still in the planning process of the business so have been really busy. I am located in Melbourne and planning to serve clients in North and Eastern suburbs.

What I really want to give is excellent service to both landlords as well as tenants. Van, you are right. Good agent means happy tenant and a happy landlord. I've been in a similar rather a worse situation once where we were asked to leave when I was due in couple of months!
I really want to make a difference even in a small way. So all the landlords out there, if you are looking for a genuine, flexible, hard working property manager whom you can rely on for a very reasonable price get in touch with me!

Thanks again!

Sharon

#7 (Link to this post)  
Old 02-04-10
Forum newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzAccountant View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Which area(s) do you service?
Hi there,

Thanks.I am currently looking at Eastern Suburbs in Melbourne and then exapnding to North Melbourne.

#8 (Link to this post)  
Old 02-04-10
Forum devotee

Send a message via Skype™ to Jake@EmroyPrint
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile

Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the forums!

I love seeing businesses that focus and pride themselves of strong (and ethical) customer service!

Keep us posted on how things go, we'd love to hear your progress =)

Regards,

Jake

#9 (Link to this post)  
Old 05-04-10
Forum newcomer

Hi Sharon,

I'm also new to this forum and thought you might find this service handy for a novice property manager: www.rentwise.com.au

I am also a novice, having recently begun self-managing my investment properties using Rentwise. So far it's been pretty easy and cheap.

Good luck!

Kate

Old 03-07-10
Forum newcomer

Hi

I have experienced exactly the same with real estate agents doing such a poor job. I have a commercial property and was micro managing the agent. Have recently taken the management myself and it is going well.

I have a business plan for a short term accommodation let to improve the service that is currently being provided in this area. What a shame I am not in Melbourne as would be looking to see if you wanted to go into partnership. Have run my own business solo and really want someone to share the journey with for this one.

In Perth you need a Real Estate License to manage residential properties - do you require this in Melbourne?

Ashley

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > New member? Introduce yourself.