Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > New member? Introduce yourself.

Just joined! - Insurance Brokers

Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 31-08-10
Forum newcomer

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile
Default Just joined! - Insurance Brokers

Hi folks,

I've just discovered Flying Solo and it looks like a great community of small businesses happy to give each other a helping hand. I look forward to reading the main website and everyone's posts on the forum in coming months.

I'm the marketing manager at an independent insurance broker based in North Sydney. We do both business and personal insurance and financial planning. If anyone needs any advice in these areas then don't hesitate to get in touch and I'll connect you with one of our advisers. We're a small business too, but with 40 years experience we've been around the traps, as they say.

I'm looking forward to learning some new ideas from the forum, in particular I'd like to improve what we do with our online presence at the moment. I've set up a website (http://www.iasonline.com.au/), a blog (http://iasonlineblog.com/) and Facebook and Twitter pages but I don't feel like they're providing us with enough leads so I'm all ears (or should that be eyes?).

Cheers, Andrew.

#2 (Link to this post)  
Old 31-08-10
Forum fanatic

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile View Member's Google+ Profile
Default Re: Just joined! - Insurance Brokers

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to Flying Solo

Your experience and contributions to our chats will be very valuable, so thank you in advance!

To get the best out of your website and social media review, I recommend posting your query over in the http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/community-reviews/ section of the boards.

You'll notice some questions at the top of that section of the forum. If you can include those and their answers in your post you'll give reviewers some useful background info to base their comments on.

Lovely to meet you, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you here on the boards.
Jayne

I'm also a small business marketing consultant and copywriter, and Chief Tree Hugger at Tribe of the Tree flower essences.
  #3 (Link to this post)  
Old 31-08-10
Forum newcomer

View Member's Linkedin Profile

Hi Andrew

Welcome to the Forum! I am also a new business. It's great to meet new businesses owners here at Flying Solo where you can bounce ideas off!

Good luck,
Jennifer

www.myessentialpa.com.au

#4 (Link to this post)  
Old 15-10-10
Forum newcomer

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile

Bump!

I just wanted to add that we have a Facebook page as well, which is here:

http://www.facebook.com/insuranceadvisoryservice

We'll have a new website in a few weeks which ties into our blog more effectively as well.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Andrew.

#5 (Link to this post)  
Old 15-10-10
Forum newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IASOnline View Post
Hi folks,

I've just discovered Flying Solo and it looks like a great community of small businesses happy to give each other a helping hand. I look forward to reading the main website and everyone's posts on the forum in coming months.

I'm the marketing manager at an independent insurance broker based in North Sydney. We do both business and personal insurance and financial planning. If anyone needs any advice in these areas then don't hesitate to get in touch and I'll connect you with one of our advisers. We're a small business too, but with 40 years experience we've been around the traps, as they say.

I'm looking forward to learning some new ideas from the forum, in particular I'd like to improve what we do with our online presence at the moment. I've set up a website (http://www.iasonline.com.au/), a blog (http://iasonlineblog.com/) and Facebook and Twitter pages but I don't feel like they're providing us with enough leads so I'm all ears (or should that be eyes?).

Cheers, Andrew.
Hello Andrew and welcome to flying solo. You'll find everyone here extremely helpful and supportive.
Why not join us for an early morning coffee at the coffee club in Chatswood. We meet every fortnight and our next meeting would be on the 27th of October. I highly recommend it in your case as you'll get the chance to meet our group member Chris Dale from Marketing HQ. I'm sure he can help you with the leads from your online presence.

regards,
Abbas

www.austinbrothers.com.au

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > New member? Introduce yourself.