| || |
| || |
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mornington Peninsula
Thanked 60 Times in 54 Posts
| | Re: Can anyone help me 'clean up' an Excel spreadsheet?
Originally Posted by flower-child
Our stocktake report has imported all the prices with inverted commas, meaning we can't multiply the number of items against the price.
does anyone have a way I can take away the inverted commas and clean this up?
there are over 1000 products, so manually is not an option.
You should be able to do that easily using the Find and Replace feature in Excel:
- Make a copy of your spreadsheet in case things go wrong!
- Highlight the column that has the unwanted characters
- Click on "Edit | Replace"
- In "Find What" enter an inverted comma (quotation mark?)
- In "Replace with" leave blank or enter a space
- Click on "Replace all"