Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Starting a business

Looking to Import from India

Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 06-04-11
Forum newcomer

Default Looking to Import from India

Hi Everyone

I am thinking to start importing from India. I dont have any previous experience in doing so but i have contacts in india who can help me with items i am looking to import.

Artificial Jewellery , Clothing , Blankets and Marble Items

I know lot of places in India where i can buy these items for cheap.
I just want to know if anyone is already doing so in Australia. Also how can I look for retailers who would be interested to buy from me. I wanted to know their requirements so that I can only cater that

Any help would be beneficial

Thanks

Sachinksl likes this.
  #2 (Link to this post)  
Old 08-04-11
Forum regular

Default Re: Looking to Import from India

Hi Ranvir

I think it is a good idea to import stuff from India. Importing from India has a lot of advantages and India made some good stuff too. Good luck with that. The question is how to sell in the Australian market, firstly you need to prove that your stuff is good, meaning good quality,value,price etc. And you need to do a little bit of advertising so people get to know your products, and if you are selling certain type of products there might be requirements for you to meet. and you also need to consider how to cacluate your costing to cover all the costs that may incurr during the process of your order. I think there is a lot to think about and you should make sure you cover all those points before starting to work on your target market. It is always very important to know your products well. I think we are kind of on the same boat so good luck!

Krisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranvir View Post
Hi Everyone

I am thinking to start importing from India. I dont have any previous experience in doing so but i have contacts in india who can help me with items i am looking to import.

Artificial Jewellery , Clothing , Blankets and Marble Items

I know lot of places in India where i can buy these items for cheap.
I just want to know if anyone is already doing so in Australia. Also how can I look for retailers who would be interested to buy from me. I wanted to know their requirements so that I can only cater that

Any help would be beneficial

Thanks

#3 (Link to this post)  
Old 02-06-13
Forum newcomer

Default Re: Looking to Import from India

Hi Ranvir:

We beginning our research of similarly importing (fabrics) from India. Just wondering what your experiences with customs, duty, freight etc was like?

Got any tips and pointers

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Starting a business