Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Starting a business

contacting the ABR help

Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 28-03-12
Forum regular

Default contacting the ABR help

Hi guys,

Everytime I call the ABR they either never go through (they cut you short as the traffic is to high) or they say wait 30 minutes. (this is after you go through the maze of steps).

So, then I tried to find an email to contact them on with no avail.

I have two ABN reference codes here, I applied for the ABN's about 4-6 weeks ago and haven't received anything yet in the mail.
I was hoping to contact them for them to run the ref codes and see how far into the process it is.

Any suggestions on where to next?

Thanks,
Dan

#2 (Link to this post)  
Old 28-03-12
Forum devotee

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile
Default Re: contacting the ABR help

Hi Dan,

You could try a couple of things - search on your name (or the name of the person/company that applied for the ABN) at the ABR website; this should at least tell you if you have a current ABN so you can start using it and putting it on things.

Do the ABR offer to call you back when there is a long wait? The ATO does, so if you aren't having much luck with ABR, try ATO 13 72 26. So, when they are really busy you can stay on hold - or they call you back when it's your turn in the queue. They should be able to assist you with ABN queries.

Good Luck!

#3 (Link to this post)  
Old 03-04-12
Forum regular

Default Re: contacting the ABR help

Hi there,

Thanks for that, when I search my name it only comes up with my original ABN/business, not the other 2 I've applied for.

I'll have to give them a call again, can't really pick a good time as they seem to always be busy.
Its a matter of you don't even get in the queue, or wait in the queue

Thanks,
Dan

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Starting a business