Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Starting a business

Take Away Shop in Brisbane

Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 12-12-09
Forum newcomer

Default Take Away Shop in Brisbane

Hi All! My husband and I are looking at opening our own take-away shop. At this point in time it is our dream and we are trying to gather as much info as possible. The questions we have at the moment are:

* Are we better off buying an already established business and changing it to suit our needs?
* If not, we have seen numerous shops for lease - for approx 60sqm how would I go about getting it all fit-out (we have found completely empty premises for lease) and are there companies that do this sort of work?
* How much does this service cost?
* Do banks have special loans for starting up your own small business?

That's all I can think of at this stage but I'm sure many more will come to mind!!! Any input is greatly appreciated! I would love to hear from anyone who has a similar set up who has started from scratch!

Thanks!

#2 (Link to this post)  
Old 13-12-09
Forum fanatic

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile View Member's Google+ Profile
Default Re: Take Away Shop in Brisbane

Hi again Nadyveny

You might want to check out this article http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/p309431...-business.html

There are also a few threads on the forum about take-away shops and cafes. This one is a good place to start: Buying a cafe? Would you like free advice?

All the best to you,
Jayne

I'm also a small business marketing consultant and copywriter, and Chief Tree Hugger at Tribe of the Tree flower essences.
  #3 (Link to this post)  
Old 13-12-09
Forum newcomer

Hi Jayne, thanks so much for your help...I'm slowly finding my way around the forum. Can't wait to have a good read of those topics today. Thanks again!

#4 (Link to this post)  
Old 13-12-09
Forum devotee

Send a message via MSN to King
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile

Interesting on one business for sale site takeaways are the biggest searched for type of business....

I think, for a loan, an existing business with proof of cashflow is needed, otherwise you will need to show how you can repay from the wage of someone ....

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Starting a business