Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Starting a business

Home based business ideas

Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 29-03-10
Forum newcomer

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Youtube Profile View Member's Twitter Profile
Default Home based business ideas

Hi All,

I think it may be useful if we were to compile a list of home based business ideas.

Guaranteed that it will drive huge streams of traffic to this site!

It may also become a valuable resource to those who are still unsure how they are going to fly!

Structure it like this if you will,

Business:
Website Designer

Hours Required:
Heaps

Possible Income
$xxxxxxxxx

#2 (Link to this post)  
Old 02-04-10
Forum newcomer

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Youtube Profile View Member's Twitter Profile
Default Re: Home based business ideas

I am very interested that no one replied to this thread.

#3 (Link to this post)  
Old 03-04-10
Forum newcomer

Hi there,

I think you should start giving real ideas first rather than just the format. Are you looking for ideas or you already have some?

If you are interested, you can go try MLM. Its all about communication and talking to people, provided the products are really useful and effective. You might want to sell air purifiers like me and earn some commission from it. Is this consider home based biz? hehe

Learn from Past, Cherish Present, Plan for Future!
  #4 (Link to this post)  
Old 05-04-10
Forum newcomer

If you use your home address and have a space designed for your office you can get some tax breaks. Check with your accountant on the specifics. But in my experience you have to have a physical address when setting up an corporation. If you go for any financing it's better to have a physical address.

#5 (Link to this post)  
Old 05-04-10
Forum newcomer

I was expecting some very useful tips and tricks from here about home based business. As well as I was looking for some pros and cons about home based business. But I couldn't find anything like that. Is there anyone who can reveal all these facts about home based business??

#6 (Link to this post)  
Old 05-04-10
Forum newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliahlewis View Post
I was expecting some very useful tips and tricks from here about home based business. As well as I was looking for some pros and cons about home based business. But I couldn't find anything like that. Is there anyone who can reveal all these facts about home based business??
Theres not really a composed list about "how to run your home based business". People are also unlikely to "share" there ideas as they would be sharing how they plans.

In regards to the pros/cons it really depends on the type of business you are operating. If you are a tradesman, then running a business from home is perfectly fine and logical. However, if you want to sell pizza's then running a business from home isn't really a good idea is it? So you really need to divulge into the type of business you are talking about to get the pros/cons.

#7 (Link to this post)  
Old 06-04-10
Forum devotee

Send a message via MSN to King
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliahlewis View Post
Well would not be found in this thread, the call was for business ideas.

#8 (Link to this post)  
Old 06-04-10
Forum devotee

Send a message via MSN to King
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile

any business can be run from home.

I once worked for the publisher of several national glossy magazines - run from home. 5 staff went there each day. We worked in the converted double garage.

For soloists, unless you need a shopfront, you can so any business from home. If you have lots of f2f client contact then maybe an office is justified, or maybe rental space/shared tenancy etc as much discussed on other threads.

#9 (Link to this post)  
Old 06-04-10
Forum newcomer

There are many people who are unable to work outside of their living space. This is an unfortunate position to be in and can be very depressing.

I recently stumbled upon a home based business idea. I have not researched it but at face value it sounded like it would be worth a look around.

Business:
Product sample Sourcing/researcher (for lack of a better name)
Fills the void in businesses that do not have internal product research/development facilities.

Hours Required:
6-10 per day

Possible Income
Commissions negotiated with suppliers. 5%?
A one off/per service fee to customers?

Details

Involves:
Communicating with small businesses/markets that have a demand for an existing/emerging product/system.
- via phone/e-mail

Researching that product/system
- similar concepts
- manufactures
- prices

Passing on the details you have obtained on the product, sources, and sources contact details to the customer.

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Starting a business