Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Flying Solo Meetups > VIC

New Business Networking in East Burwood

Link to this thread Thread tools Search this thread
  #1 (Link to this post)  
Old 31-07-12
Forum newcomer

Default New Business Networking in East Burwood

Hi All,

I am after expressions of interest for a new networking group in East Burwood, Victoria. I would like to limit this to 6, so that we can properly network, discuss ideas, strategies and challenges etc.

At this stage, I am thinking a Tuesday or Thursday morning at 7AM, over a coffee for an hour, and held fortnightly. I will supply the office and the coffee

Please note - there is absolutely no cost for this, and the idea is that we all benefit through the sharing of ideas, networking and contacts.

If you are interested, please PM me with your preferred day, and the industry you are in. Obviously we will limit it to one business per industry. First in best dressed, and looking to start as soon as we have enough people to make it worthwhile.

BLP

#2 (Link to this post)  
Old 31-07-12
Forum fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewKeath
View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile
Default Re: New Business Networking in East Burwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blp_Sales View Post
Hi All,

I am after expressions of interest for a new networking group in East Burwood, Victoria. I would like to limit this to 6, so that we can properly network, discuss ideas, strategies and challenges etc.

At this stage, I am thinking a Tuesday or Thursday morning at 7AM, over a coffee for an hour, and held fortnightly. I will supply the office and the coffee

Please note - there is absolutely no cost for this, and the idea is that we all benefit through the sharing of ideas, networking and contacts.

If you are interested, please PM me with your preferred day, and the industry you are in. Obviously we will limit it to one business per industry. First in best dressed, and looking to start as soon as we have enough people to make it worthwhile.

BLP
I'm in. I am in Mount Waverly so it's just around the corner.

#3 (Link to this post)  
Old 03-08-12
Forum newcomer

I'm definitely keen but I have 3 small children and my hubby leaves for work at 6am so I could only do Wednesdays or Fridays after 9:30am when they're in childcare or school.

#4 (Link to this post)  
Old 04-08-12
Forum newcomer

Quote:
Hi All,

BLP

That sounds great I am in Burwood, 7am is good for me, can do tues but thurs is better

#5 (Link to this post)  
Old 04-08-12
Forum fanatic

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile View Member's Google+ Profile

Hi all,
Just a note to let you know that I've moved this thread over here to the VIC meet-ups section, which is the better place for it, and should make it easier to find.

Hope you all have a nice catch-up
Jayne

I'm also a small business marketing consultant and copywriter, and Chief Tree Hugger at Tribe of the Tree flower essences.
  #6 (Link to this post)  
Old 04-08-12
Forum regular

Quote:
Hi All,

BLP
Yes I would like to join, Thursday would be the preferred day.

Regards,

#7 (Link to this post)  
Old 06-08-12
Forum newcomer

Hi

I am interested as well, also I would prefer Friday mornings.

www.sysop.com.au

#8 (Link to this post)  
Old 07-08-12
Forum newcomer

Hi All,

Just to keep you in the loop - and thanks for your responses.

This is still something that is very much a priority for us, but until we get enough numbers on the one morning, it isn't worth going ahead.

Once we get 6 - I will contact everyone!

Ben

#9 (Link to this post)  
Old 07-08-12
Forum fanatic

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Linkedin Profile View Member's Twitter Profile View Member's Google+ Profile

Hi Ben,

In our experience watching many meet-up groups form, it tends to work best if someone nominates a specific date, rather than trying to gain consensus and making a decision from there.

So, I'd suggest choosing a time and place that suits you, and then people will be more likely to commit, or to let you know whether that time will never be suitable for them. (If you decide to do that, we'll give it a plug on Facebook and Twitter for you).

In general, we've found that meet-ups tend to have more traction when they're held inside business hours and away from school pick-up times.

It might be worthwhile proceeding even if you don't get six people the first time, as sometimes these things take a little while to build up.

Have fun with it
Jayne

I'm also a small business marketing consultant and copywriter, and Chief Tree Hugger at Tribe of the Tree flower essences.
Old 10-08-12
Forum newcomer

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Twitter Profile

Hi, Really interested in catching up with local soloists. I'm from Ashburton and either Tues or Thur morning works for me. Cheers Hayley

Quote:
Hi All,

BLP

Go Back   Small business forum Australia > Today's hot topics > Flying Solo Meetups > VIC