Podcast: The growth of the social search engine
Moneytribe founder, Dr David Urpani, talks to Tim Reid about the growth of the social search engine and the importance of tapping in to social capital to get an idea off the ground.
Dr David Urpani (a doctor of Artificial Intelligence) co-founded iSelect, a successful online insurance comparison portal, turning it into a multi-million dollar powerhouse. He is now on to his next venture, which he’s named moneytribe.
Listen to this Small Business Big Marketing podcast as David shares his insights into:
- How he went from being an architect to a doctor of artificial intelligence to starting iSelect.
- How a tennis match and a freak roller blading accident lead to the creation of moneytribe.
- The importance of tapping into social capital in getting an idea off the ground … or for that matter basing an entire idea around social capital.
- The rise of the social search engine.
- Why it made sense to create moneytribe as an app and not a website.
- How he plans to monetise moneytribe without losing its independence and objectivity.
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 50:27 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/marketing-podcast-david-urpani-moneytribe
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.