1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

2 numbers on 1 mobile phone?

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by lilmis, Aug 26, 2020.

1. lilmis

lilmis Member

Hello. In the process of setting up a small business. Does anyone know how to have a second mobile number for business on the same mobile phone you use for personal use?
    Thanks
  2. Anthony Michaud

Anthony Michaud Member

Hi Lilmis, you can either get a dual SIM mobile phone, or can setup forwarding from the personal number to the business number. Outgoing calls will be from the business number. Alternatively you could setup a hosted phone number that goes to the personal number, and you can block outbound caller ID and/or have a soft phone as an app on the mobile, that will operate as a second phone app - depending on the app, this can be complicated, as both phones can ring, even when you're on a call.
  3. Rowan@quaotic

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I had a duel sim phone before the one i have now and loved it. So easy and it came up on screen as well as different ring tones between my business and personal numbers.
  4. lilmis

lilmis Member

Ohhh great! Yes I’m wanting the business number to ring differently so I know it’s a business call and will answer the phone more professionally. I’ll look into a dual sim thanks :)
  5. Friderday

Friderday Member

Dual sim phone are common nowadays, I'm quite shocked you didn't know about that.
  6. digitaljunkies

digitaljunkies Member

Yes, it could be possible if you purchase any dual sim phone. Then you can use your both phone numbers in one phone.
  7. BusinessTrade

BusinessTrade Active Member

A dual sim mobile would fit your purpose as others have stated. Most Asian branded (Korean/Jap/Chinese) have dual SIM variants for their handsets.
  8. VoIPSmart

VoIPSmart Member

Iphone 11 pro max has dual sim and most recent Samsung phones also.

However depending on call volume, you may want a proper VoIP business phone system. This would allow you to set operating hours and not have the phone ringing after hours.