1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

2013 Marketing Plans - what's on yours

Discussion in 'Marketing mastery' started by AgentMail, Dec 3, 2012.

1. AgentMail

AgentMail Renowned Member

Ok, so am keen to get a thread going about what people intend on doing in 2013 from a marketing perspective. and if you are happy to share, what you are budgeting for each item.

At this stage, I intend on nutting this out over X-mas, but the main things on my list are:

Print based magazine advertising - $5,000
    Direct Marketing - $5,000
    Telemarketing - $2,000
    CPC advertising - $3,000
    SEO - $3,500
    Event Sponsoring - $10,000

Love to hear what others have planned or are thinking about
    5 people like this.
  2. earthseacreative

earthseacreative Member

Hi Agent Mail,

I launched Earth & Sea Consulting in August 2012 without a business or marketing plan. I have the templates but I need to sit down and think 2013 through.

Suffice to say, since I've been winging it in 2012 I will be writing a marketing plan in 2013!

With respect to budget, I launched on a shoestring and may continue into year one in the same manner. I may undertake a print campaign in our local paper which is around $300.

Great topic. Thank you!!

Merryn Padgett
    Founder & Virtual Personal Assistant
    Earth & Sea Consulting

[email protected] www.earthandsea.com.au
    http://facebook.com/EarthSeaConsulting
    3 people like this.
  3. Warren Cottis

Warren Cottis Well-Known Member

Complete relaunch...

Slightly refined name...

More laser focused on my more closely defined market..

I encourage everyone to think of this now for 2013 rather than after Australia Day 2013 when most businesses get their marketing into gear
    2 people like this.
  4. NathanB

NathanB Well-Known Member

Also, get a Flash website. There has never been a better time than 2013 to get a Flash website!
    7 people like this.
  5. MyGreatIdea

MyGreatIdea Renowned Member

That's already in my plan for January...will give you a call then

Wendy :)
    2 people like this.
  6. ScarlettR

ScarlettR Well-Known Member

So good to see others are making huge movements forward in their businesses and it's not just me!

Jan 1st- A higher level of value and packaging, moving into a role of Publishing Identity Consultant instead of just designing books.

SEO: Website redevelopment and refinement. - free (self taught, lots of books)
    Content: Working to further my blog and putting really good content out. - free (time suck though)
    Articles: Contacting magazines in my industry to write up articles. - free
    Thank you/Welcome packs: Issued to the client before and after the project starts- $5-$8 per client
    Vendor Relationships: Building more connections to network and offer packages- free
    Social Media: Continuing to learn and implement social media waves like scheduling for Twitter/LinkedIn/Google+/Facebook etc.
    3 people like this.
  7. EMT Australia

EMT Australia Member

Big year ahead for Yes Logistics

(Major client started with us last week (3 year contract) - they can bankroll our expansion)

WITHIN NEXT 1-3 MONTHS
    Website Overhaul - $2,500 - $3000 (In Progress) - Professionally Designed
    Full Time Sales Manager - $85,000 - $90,000 annually
    Bus Advertising - $750.00 a week (10 buses at $75 a bus)

UNDECIDED
    Appointment Setting $2000.00 per 40hr block
    Radio Advertising
    Social Media, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Google+
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  8. AgentMail

I just wanted to add that, last night I began reading Dan Kennedy's No BS Direct Marketing, and it has stopped me dead in my tracks.

It has made me see that whilst my spend and spread of marketing is probably ok, I do not have the structure in place to monitor the results, thus cannot calculate the ROI on each of my investments - I have google analytics, but no idea how to interpret it. I get enquiries, but have no follow up procedure if there is not an instant order. These things have now become high priority on my to do list, and I will be ensuring that every dollar spent is trackable and written according to this book. It might not work, their ideas might not suit my industry, but until I follow it exactly for at least 6 months, I cannot say that it doesn't.

If anyone else has a methodology they are following, please share with everyone here. And please keep your marketing plans coming - you don't know just how much it helps others out there to see other marketing ideas, and help those that perhaps have not thought too much about it
    9 people like this.
  9. websitedesigner

websitedesigner Well-Known Member

Agree with your comments on tracking. Here is a post I wrote for Firepole marketing on Tracking your Marketing recently that may help. Another good one is How to track your offline marketing which is a Kiss Metrics one.

As for next year it will depend if I get funding. If I do I'll be buying a lot of online ads and probably hiring a sales guy. If not I'm going to be focusing on building a world class blog and educating business owners on metrics and web stuff and try to build an audience that way (podcast, blog, guides, videos etc).
    3 people like this.
  10. earthseacreative

earthseacreative Member

@AgentMail:

I'm going to refer to a free business planning resource that I found on Small Business Mentoring Service's (SBMS) website. SBMS is a Victorian Government initiative, and offers a number of free resources including marketing.

Cheers
    Merryn

2 people like this.
  11. John Romaine

John Romaine Renowned Member

Haha!

Hi Dan!
    1 person likes this.
  12. Kate Toon

Kate Toon Member

Your question actually made me think about my plans, I market myself in quite an ad hoc fashion so it's actually good for me to write it down.

My plans are
    - Minor website facelift
    - Creation of new microsite for SEO keyword targeting
    - Keep plugging away at SEO tweaks
    - Guest blogging
    - More involvement in forums (see I'm doing it!!)
    - Gifts for clients after the project finishes
    - More hugging.

Thanks
    Kate
    3 people like this.
  13. SpikeSuradi

SpikeSuradi Member

This is cool. My approach to marketing is a little out of left field i think. They're more experiments than strategies. My demographic is comprised of creatives, producers and directors of the film industry anyway, so I'm hoping to get my attention out in an interesting way.

Phase 1: Website, social networking ie twitter, linkedin, facebook, soundcloud, etc.

Phase 2: A monthly video on youtube where we chat to established composers/directors about the art of film making, scoring movies and commercials, etc

Phase 3: The foot. I'm making a plaster mold of my damn feet and post them to the top 10 clients I wish to target... including my showreel and business card, as well as a note that says:

"I figured that this would be the best way to get my foot in the door."

Phase 4:Update social networks

Phase 5: Cold call & follow up like a muthaf******

Will the experiment work? I honestly don't know.
    2 people like this.
  14. AgentMail

It would definitely get my attention. What you do with my attention will be the most important part!
    1 person likes this.
  15. AdvancedPetSitting

AdvancedPetSitting Active Member

For us 2013 looks quite exciting.

We are launching a FREE Welness Check-up Program which will be offered at different venues around Brisbane. We have already partnered with a vet and one of the big pet stores (looking for more stores to partner with)

We are also going to talk to Council and see if they can sponsor us to run the program in council parks and make an event out of it (having other businesses from the industry there as well)

Working on SEO
  16. AdvancedPetSitting

AdvancedPetSitting Active Member

Ha-ha, this is so clever :)
  17. tonyk

tonyk Renowned Member

No real solid plans at this stage as I am happy with how things are progressing for now but I might invest in direct mail. Will see how things go.
  18. tradr

tradr Member

If your doing marketing on a shoestring we now offer free business listings.

In terms of tracking that listing, we do not have that available yet but it's a darn good idea !

Thanks for the tips
  19. Gavin_S

Gavin_S Member

I'm not sure if I'm impressed or just creeped out.

Hmm... Perhaps a little of each.
  20. Seacraft Gallery

Seacraft Gallery Member

Yes, looking forward to 2013...

Website was launched in Nov 2012, some first customers were really happy with the quality and service. Letter boxes campaign did not work which is a big disappointment!

For 2013:
    - SEO with Gab
    - Social networking ie twitter, linkedin, facebook, G+
    - More Marketing activities

Cheers,
    1 person likes this.