1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

2016. I'll Show Your Mine If You Show Me Yours

Discussion in 'Get productive' started by Paul - FS Concierge, Dec 1, 2016.

1. PRO

PRO Active Member

Awesome posts above.

It has been an amazing year for me. Law firm has grown beyond belief. My largest competitor for my conveyancing practice closed down and we took a large lump of their work. I have had to work hard on slowing growth on multiple occasions to allow the cashflow to catch up. Heading for 30 bodies and guess technically we are leaving the small business moniker behind. We more than doubled staff numbers this year.

March 2017 is 3rd anniversary for me. Time to stop pouring everything in for growth and to start taking something out. We will still grow a lot, but having grown 10 fold staff wise in 2 1/2 years, I am looking at only doubling staff over the next 3 years.

Focus on the family law practice next year, looking to take from 3 solicitors up and beyond the double figures. 2nd GC office coming this year.

Being able to generate employment for people is something I take very seriously. I still only do it within metrics of turnover/ profit etc but it is an often ignored benefit of being in business. Creating jobs that people on the whole enjoy and training and growing people's careers is a privilege.
  2. BrisVegasGhost

BrisVegasGhost Member

Cheers Paul.
    Cheers Paul,
    Here is the link. It was just a simple vid I put together but it got a bit of interest.

Here is a more professional one. We done a series of 3 of these for some viral marketing and have only released this 2 weeks ago.

Enjoy. Have a merry xmass everyone.
  3. Paul - FS Concierge

Paul - FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

Hi Rob,

Those videos are great.

I have seen businesses created in the same way in the field of custom car parts.

Create a following and boom, people are lining up to buy your product.

Great job.
  4. Paul - FS Concierge

Paul - FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

Hi Darryl,

What a phenomenal growth story!

Is Adwords still driving sales as hard as ever or have you started switching to other channels?

Are you finding challenges around establishing or maintaining a positive team culture given your growth rate?

Great job, congratulations!
  5. SuzsSpace

SuzsSpace Active Member

I'm enjoying reading about how other people have had a really successful year.

For me, any business activity has been reduced to practically nothing while I study. I'm kicking goals of a personal kind and will continue doing so for a few years thanks to some awesome teachers at uni.

Last year I accidentally passed VCE and using my new status was accepted into uni to study a BA in writing. I've always wanted to attend uni through VCE so that's two goals. People at uni actually talk to me as if I'm their age. I've started a writer's group so we support each other with our uni stuff and other writing. The official Deakin Writer's group is pushing me to publish, so I'm writing something specifically for publication, another goal.

I keep passing stuff at uni, I'm now one quarter of the way through my degree having passed every subject I've attempted so far. This is a first for me, I failed year 11 and then year 12 many years ago so to actually pass everything is unprecedented.

I pop in here every so often as I like to keep up-to-date and have saved several threads for later perusal, I'll need that info soonish.
    gingerbeardhs likes this.
  6. bradzo

bradzo Active Member

Wow to everyone and congratulations.

I used to be a soloist, but as you can imagine, the 9-to-5 thing happened.

But during that time, have learned so, so, so, so (alright, enough, slap, stop that) much.

I have a Saas product that I have been working on since early 2016 - you read stuff, you try stuff, you build stuff, you iterate, you abandon, you try again, you never give up.

As Steve Jobs once famously said:

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."

And I want to attribute that to all of you here on FS - you crazy things you. :)