1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

Business name ideas

Discussion in 'Starting your journey' started by Sarahlove, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Sarahlove

Sarahlove Member

Hey just want to see if anyone can help me. I’m stuck on creating a business name. My business idea is selling baby hampers I just need a suitable name. A lot of the names I’ve searched on the business name availability register have been taken... now I’m a bit stuck.
    What would be a good name for a baby hamper business? I don’t really want the word hamper in the name. Tia
  2. bb1

bb1 Renowned Member

baby business
  3. Paul - FS Concierge

Paul - FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to Flying Solo

A Box of Babylove
    theupstand likes this.
  4. plgs

plgs Member

5. Dave - FS Concierge

Dave - FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

@plgs Go on Patrick throw a name out there :)

Dave
    Lucy Kippist likes this.
  6. NicH

NicH Member

Whilst you may not want to use the word hamper, your business name has to be easy for your customers and potential customers to find you and be associated with what you do and also remember you. I have just gone thru naming my business and I didn't want to use the word box or use green in my logo but I deliver fruit and veg boxes and that's what my customers want as it's easy to remember and green is associated with veggies, healthy and fresh. I wanted some more interesting but went with The Market Box and green in my logo. I think the trick is to get a good designer to design your logo so you fall in love with that and then liking your name is easy. Don't forget your logo will need to reflect your brand.
  7. undicloth

undicloth Member

what about stork deliveries
  8. Biz Keeping

Biz Keeping Member

Bundles of joy
    Beck1 likes this.
  9. DesirableCreations

DesirableCreations Member

Brain storming relatable words helps. Things like baby, basket/s,Box/s. Using your own name could also be helpful for example. Sarah's baby Boxes.
  10. ThexArm

ThexArm Active Member

Baby hampers is a very broad category - you may want to narrow it down to a niche. Then name it after that niche to attract customers from that niche.
    sharif likes this.
  11. SharonTong

SharonTong Member

Welcome to the New World (WnW for short)
  12. lifeboat1

lifeboat1 Member

Capable marketers will suggest a worthwhile domain name, but I suggest you particularly consider a newer Top Level Domain (TLD) that is more imaginative and more readily available than the old .com/.com.au domains. You can find a searchable list here: https://officefocus.domains/all-top-level-domains/
  13. charlenew

charlenew Member

Hi Sarah

I have 2 name ideas, both have not been registered as domain names. If you would like to private message me as I dont want someone to steal them. PS. I am not scamming
  14. Beck1

Beck1 Member

Cabbage Patchwork
  15. susan.woods

susan.woods Member

HI Sarah,
    firstly congratulations on your new or budding business. Let me know if you ever want to wholesale some of your baby products ( for my eco friendly baby store!) There is a company called "Frozen Lemons" that help to create company names you might want to look through their website at frozenlemons.com. Why not look through some favourite nursery rhymes or you could even name the business after a favourite baby name?

All the best and I'd love to know how you go.
    Sue
    Eco Baby Boutique ( also a new business)
    Paul - FS Concierge likes this.
  16. poiter3

poiter3 Member

17. poiter3

poiter3 Member

How about " Baby time hampers"
  18. poiter3

poiter3 Member

Baby time hampers is easy to look up and find your business and what you offer to customers..
  19. lifeboat1

lifeboat1 Member

[Edit: keep in mind that you don't need to tell your life story in a domain name - attention to SEO does that. Make sure it's something catchy, memorable - i.e. easy to remember and spell. Consider the likes of ebay, google where the brand tells the story, not the name. Also other comments mentioned registered Trade Mark - an important consideration.]
    Sarahlove likes this.
  20. michael60

michael60 Member

Precious Bundle?