1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

Heating for Small Office?

Discussion in 'Get productive' started by jenclarkdesign, May 11, 2014.

1. jenclarkdesign

jenclarkdesign Member

We're relocating to a new office space shortly, which is a former double garage that has been lovingly refitted as a design studio. The space is approximately 30 square metres big and has brick walls and concrete floors. I am currently looking into the best heating solution for the space, but don't have an enormous budget. Any recommendations would be very welcome. Many thanks.
  2. Greg_M

Greg_M Renowned Member

I assume you're talking an electric heater.

Check out the radiant heating panels at http://www.nobo.com.au, there's probably other similar products but I have actually used these (in a drafty old weatherboard house) and found they worked well and were not exorbitant to run.

They were easy to set up (you can wall mount them and they don't need an electrician), and easy to take away intact if you're renting.

Enjoy the new space.
  3. ark8architects

ark8architects Member

We use electric heating foot mats and under-carpet/under-rug mats from coldbuster for our heating needs. It is brilliant as it works with the nature of rising heat, feels great underfoot and is cost-effective for space-heating a small room. I'd say it could work for your 30sqm room.

A short blurb on this here http://www.coldbuster.com.au/news-articles/foot-warmer-mats.html

On another note, as many garages do not have insulation, I hope the refit of your new office space included insulation in the walls and ceilings. Otherwise, you'd find your electricity bill sky-rocking.
    1 person likes this.
  4. [Former] FS Concierge

[Former] FS Concierge Renowned Member

Thanks ark8architects... that could be just what I need!
  5. SecElec

SecElec Member

Hi Jen is it?

You might consider a small reverse air conditioner. Great for summer too!

You can still get the 10amp window rattlers. Just needs a handy friend to install and they are quite efficient for heating.

Google this to see what I mean

Kelvinator - KWH39HRE
    Window Wall Reverse Cycle Air Conditioner 3.9kW

Or if your budget allows.... Just get a local guy to quote on installing a split system A/C even better.

You will be warm (quickly) in winter & cool in summer.
  6. michaele

michaele Member

Hi all i am new on this conversation so, I think Hydronic heating is a safe, flexible, and comfortable way to heat for home and small office, this can also help reduce regular heating bills!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2020