1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

How do you create a tax return for centrelink?

Discussion in 'Money matters' started by Ruriko, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Ruriko

Ruriko Member

I'm quite new to lodging tax returns since I only earn pocket money from online affiliates. Now my question is how do you create a tax return to give to centrelink? cause with ATO they just give you an online form to fill out and that be considered a tax return but with centrelink they don't give you a form so I have no idea how to make a tax return. Is there some kind of template I can use to make a tax return?
  2. Paul - FS Concierge

Paul - FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

When you submit a tax return to the ATO, they will give you a Notice of Assessment.

That is what Centrelink may want to see.
    Greg_M likes this.
  3. Ruriko

Ruriko Member

Actually I did send them the notice of assessment but my claim got rejected cause the reason was failed to supply tax return. They wanted the tax return of before ATO has processed it. I tried to ask them for an example but they wouldn't due to privacy reasons cause they don't want to show someone else's income. I couldn't find any templates for a tax return
  4. bb1

bb1 Renowned Member

I'm confused, if you have an NOA, you would have completed a tax return, in which case you can log into Mygov and print out a copy.
    Paul - FS Concierge likes this.
  5. Ruriko

Ruriko Member

I assume the Notice of Assessment is the Tax Return document if so I'm starting to think I could of gotten a dodgy worker who was assessing my claim so I'm thinking of resubmitting again with same info.
  6. bb1

bb1 Renowned Member

Wrong assumption, the NOA is what the tax department send you after they have assessed your tax return, your tax return is more detailed and is the full information in income and deductions you have provided the Tax department. Don't bother resubmitting if you are giving the same info, the same result will result.
  7. Ruriko

Ruriko Member

Oh I understand now but is there a template I could use? ATO was easier to do since it was just a form