1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

League of (Business) Champions

Discussion in 'Get productive' started by Calcul8or, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Calcul8or

Calcul8or Active Member

What's the best way to find people to collaborate with on a long term basis?

For instance, I could really do with the help of someone with creative flair with some projects I'm working on right now, but have no-one in my immediate circle who fits the bill. I know I will invariably go out and hire someone to do what I need, and I guess that's how the world works after all, but I'm also keen on the idea of teaming up with others with complementary skills, to combine our individual expertise to develop ideas now and in the future that may or not pay off. A loose affiliation of superheroes I suppose, dedicated to achieving great things together.

Is this a pipe dream? Am I being unrealistic? Do I need to get out more? Are there networks dedicated to matching professionals up, like an entrepreneurial dating site? (Hey, now that's an idea! Anyone interested in collaborating?)

Ironically, one of the ideas I'm currently working on could possibly solve this kind of problem, but that's hardly of any help to me right now.

Anyone out there ever find themselves thinking along these lines? Did you do anything about it, and if so, what?
  2. Paul - FS Concierge

Paul - FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

I find that getting together with likeminded people in different fields can work well in developing contacts that can be used to develop mutually beneficial arrangements.

Linkedin and Facebook groups are best for this in my experience.

Cheers
    Calcul8or likes this.