1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

Surveymonkey Reports

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by CarolineHughes, Apr 15, 2010.

1. CarolineHughes

CarolineHughes Member

hi, I'm trying to use surveymonkey for a slightly different purpose than intended - as opposed to an organisation seeking survey responses for its own benefit, I want individuals to use the responses for their own benefit.

This means using the reporting function and somehow setting up a macro or something like that to take the excel based responses and plugging them into Word to make a report of their responses to email to them.

If anyone is familiar with surveymonkey and how to automate this set of steps, this would be much appreciated.

Thank you
    Caroline
  2. Chris Bates

Chris Bates Member

Hey Caroline,

Touch base with FS member Bradzo, he might be able to help you out.

Cheers,
    Chris
  3. CarolineHughes

CarolineHughes Member

Thanks Chris, will do.
  4. Jake@EmroyPrint

[email protected] Active Member

I was just about to say the same thing Chris, Brad is all technical like that.

- Jake
  5. CarolineHughes

CarolineHughes Member

Thanks Jake, I have been in contact with Brad and he is very helpful, still can't get over how great everyone is on this site.

Cheers
    Caroline
  6. bradzo

bradzo Active Member

Aw gee...

*blush* *blush* unbelievable.... :)

Caroline, Chris and Jake.

Just wanted to say thank you in buckets. I know I haven't been active much of late, but still keep an eye out on FS as much as I can.

The fact that you guys have given me such a huge wrap (or is that rap?) has just blown me away. So, thank you. Two words that take up so little space in a sentence, but resonate largely toward you.

Enough of the sentiment already! Gee! :) LOL

Raw data can be turned into anything you desire - as long as that raw data is captured in the first instance, and supports what you want to achieve.

So to anyone else thinking of producing reports, or some other output that you'd like, my suggestion is to mock-up that output in Word or something, then identify what the source data is, and where it comes from / how to get it. Maybe its a web form, or in Caroline's case, a SurveyMonkey datafile, or even an email that has some sort of "structure" (in the case of web forms to email)

For your result, work backwards. Mock-up the end result, and see where you need to start to get to your end point. Its a lot quicker. As the old saying goes, "start with the end in mind"

Hope this helps.

Chris and Jake - thanks again.

Christine - whenever you can send the data through, no worries.

Thanks to all at FS - what a fantastic community.

Cheers
    Brad
    "I'm all technical like that" :)
  7. [Former] FS Concierge

[Former] FS Concierge Renowned Member

Hey there Brad!
    We miss you around here... hope all is going well, and congratulations on getting such a rave review here.

Best,
    Jayne
  8. Burgo

Burgo Renowned Member

And coming from two of the most tech people I know,( Chris and Jake) Brad all I can say is 'WOW" congratulations