1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

the entourage for business coaching?

Discussion in 'Starting your journey' started by flyingsideways, May 26, 2020.

1. flyingsideways

flyingsideways Member

searched 'entourage' ( https://www.the-entourage.com/ ) here but no hits, hmmm. Anyway, we're (wife and I) looking to scale a home business and while we work pretty well together and try to self educate think we could benefit from having a coach/supporting team help guide and navigate our growth direction.

my wife had a sales call today, and was a bit salesy (well, duh!), a 12 month commitment of 12K! and a 5x growth guarantee seem a bit much, but the access to multiple resources, the ability to hopefully extract that value from them and the ability to accelerate the business do make it reasonably attractive.

anyone else had experience with them?
  2. Dave - FS Concierge

Dave - FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

Good question.

I would recommend following them for a bit to see if you like their style, philosophies, values. Apply some of their free advice to your business to see how it goes. Or buy a lower priced product before buying the farm, so you can see if they under/over deliver and what the customer service is like.

Or if you already follow some business coaches that resonate with you, you could check out if one of them has a program or would do a consult.

Good luck!
    Dave
    Paul - FS Concierge likes this.
  3. JamesMillar

JamesMillar Renowned Member

A lot of the businesses they appear to work with have matured past the micro-business stage. I have seen other advisors with similar programs and they target the $1m+ revenue market because those businesses (and owners) have proven the capacity to create a platform that has a chance of going to the next level. I'm not sure what size your business is but its something to keep in mind. If you are an early stage micro you might need to revise expectations or go in with very clear understanding of the detail. There are people on this forum that could probably 5x your revenue if you gave them $50k per month for digital advertising. So what is the real commitment in terms of time and money to get to 5x ?

These programs can be very effective for people for a range of different reasons. Motivation. Inspiration. Education. Accountability. The energy of a highly motivated community invested in the same mission (driving business growth and prepared to invest in it) can be compelling. But if you are half-hearted about your business (and investing in it) then its probably a waste of time and money. These programs only work for people prepared to work very hard.
  4. Quennel Powell

Quennel Powell Member

Thank you for such a valuable information. I was looking for a long time detailed explanation. Really appreciate your reply!If we talk about the best educational services, where we as students are able to get help in solving various problems, I can say that there are really many of them now. That is why you need to trust only the proven. For me, such a service is https://uk.edubirdie.com/buy-essay, where you can get help writing essay or buy it in full. It seems to me that this is very convenient for students who work and who have little time left to do homework.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  5. Paul - FS Concierge

Paul - FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

Their pitch of 5x on it's own sounds off to me.

Ask them for a referral of an existing customer in your space in a similar sized market with similar products/services/margins that have already had a 5 x boost.

Then pick up the phone....

My guess is that you won't get such a list but I would LOVE to be wrong.

Cheers
    Paul