1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

Vehicle commercial wrap

Discussion in 'Marketing mastery' started by VoIPSmart, Jul 23, 2020.

1. VoIPSmart

VoIPSmart Member

I have been looking around for quotes to wrap my vehicle with my business branding and contact details. Looking around $2000.

Does anyone here have any data on the ROI these wraps provide?

Do you personally think it is a worthwhile investment?

See attached what I am thinking

Attached Files:

2. bb1

bb1 Renowned Member

No idea on ROI, but nice design
  3. Paul - FS Concierge

Paul - FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

Is ROI even relevant?

It looks like branding to me, not advertising.

If I was to attempt an ROI, it would have an offer and a huge telephone number.

YMMV

Cheers
  4. VoIPSmart

VoIPSmart Member

Yes ROI is relevant when making a decision to spend $2000.

But it’s a fair point that I would have more opportunities to achieve ROI if my call to actions are clearer/bigger. Not sure if an offer is necessary
  5. Zarabasiri

Zarabasiri Member

Certainly you get more exposure and create more branding and awareness of what it is that you offer but you can't track the ROI, for example for $2000 that you invested, how many customers used your call to actions on your vehicle and contacted you and how much they ended up spending with you.

There is one way though, for every lead that contacts you or buys from you, ask them how they found out about you and keep tracking that manually all the time.

Hope it helps! :)
  6. VoIPSmart

VoIPSmart Member

It’s interesting you say that. It’s one of the selling point of my phone business, we can create dedicated phone numbers for marketing campaigns and run report on these.

So the 1300 number on my car wrap is just used for that, so I can track ROI
  7. Zarabasiri

Zarabasiri Member

Exactly! that too.

I use 1300 for our own digital marketing agency and for our clients too. We can even track where the customer came from with those call trackings, whether it was from an AdWords Campaign or from a direct visit or from organic google search and what keyword they searched that they found out about the website and gave us or clients a call.

Its a very useful thing.

But if you mention your website on the car too then again it might be slightly hard to track calls that came from someone checking your website from your car banner.

Overall, Call tracking number should make it a lot easier to track if you use a different number for the car only.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2020
  8. Dave - FS Concierge

Dave - FS Concierge Administrator Staff Member

Hi Damien,

Thinking about ROI I'm wondering:
    • Do you have a plan or way for a specific group of potential customers to see your van? Or will it just be parked at your house, or in your garage?
    • How many customers do you need for it to pay for itself? If it's only one customer needed, and the wrap lasts a few years, the odds might be good.
    • When a potential client sees it, do they have a reason to take a photo or write down the number? What I mean is that a provider is probably easy to find online, so seeing a random provider on the street is no reason to grab the details. But if you have a point of difference, they might (there's a chance they might not find an offer like this when they need it). For example, if you're a cheaper option (or if people don't realise how cheap it can be), "VOIP from $7.95 per month" might get their attention.
    Good luck!
    Dave
    Paul - FS Concierge likes this.
  9. Evo the marketing guy

Evo the marketing guy Member

The only data set / proof point I have is from testing bus advertising nationally.

The internal bus advertising - no increase in enquiry.
    The side of the bus advertising - no increase in enquiry.
    The rear of the bus - increase in enquiry.

Another left-field option may be to just do the bum of the car....